Eldorado canyon, NOTE DATE CHANGE March 1st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trail: El Dorado Canyon

Description: This is a scenic fun trail that runs the canyons the East of Dayton. There are a lot of rock formations, mining, and trees along a creek that make this an interesting trail.

*****DATE CHANGE TO 3/1/14!!!!!*****
Date:Saturday, 3/1/14

Leave Time: 9:30

Meeting Location:
At the mini mart across from the chevron station on hwy 50 in Dayton.

Trail Difficulty:Mostly 2 on the road, 3-4 in the river bed.

Additional Equipment needed: Lunch

Duration of Run: About 4-6 hrs depending on the trail conditions (depending on how muddy/snowy it is)

Tread Lightly / 146.460

Last edited:
Looking forward to it... and hoping for some snow to make it more interesting!

If it snows very much it changes this trip to an in and out, the same way, run. The last hill can be a bugger with mud or snow or ice. Also there is a pucker place that I won't attempt if it has snow or ice on it.:eek:

We for sure need the moisture--It would be nice to have a campfire on our camping runs. Saw some pictures of fordyce res. and buck island res.(rubicon) on pirate 4x4 and both are empty.:frown:

The forecast is rain all week then cloudy on Saturday. I'm still in for this just to see how far the 60 will make it.

I'm still in for a mud run:hillbilly:. The trail going down to the canyon from the ovens is like gumbo but very doable. Looking forward to getting out. I think past the cave is questionable with the pucker spot and the last hill:eek:. We shall see--they say we could be shadowed out on this first storm:hmm:.

So we have three rigs IN!!
Anyone else in for this?!

Sounds like a run to me! :)

Guess I got my wish. Going to be a snow run. We got an inch or two here this morning in the Carson Valley. More in the Pine Nuts I'm sure.

Lookin a little shabby for this run w/ the recent storms...
I was gonna ride w/ rusty, but not the way i wanna spend the day sloppin around in the mud and it sounds like rusty isn't too hip on wheeling in the current conditions, either.....

Kurt and Mark... You guys call.

Im still in. The weather will stop overnight and it will be clear from 8:00 till about 12:30. By then we should be on our way out of the canyon. Some of the best days in Nevada are right after a rain. I know you guys know that. C'mon you guys lets do this. The mud is only at the first of the trail and we are not going to the last part, no way nohow am I attempting the back hill and pucker spot. Its in to the tufa and /or the cave and back out. Good day to work on the trail open it up a bit with the pruners and saws. Anyhow I will probably stay out of the creek with some exceptions and hang with you guys more.

Lets go Dan--the white beast loves the mud.

Got the '68 patched up last night. Ready for a test drive! Heading down with Sean in his 72 FJ55. Leaving Einstein Bros Bagels ~8:30 if'n ya want to convoy.

How was it?!?!

That was a great run! Weather was great and the mud not too bad. Mild carnage. I turned into a rock but a small dent in the passenger door. The visible part bounced back as I reversed off the rock. So there's not much left but a scrap on the plastic. I've seen worse damage done by shopping carts. :)

I'll post up photos in a bit.

My Photos...

but here's the pose.

P1020105.jpg

Nice!!
Glad you guys made it out!!

Oh, the carnage!

Had a great time, and finally getting my rig back "off" the road is great.

Now I just have to remember how to put it in fwd!

2014-03-01 16.55.45.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom