Dune Beige 416 Color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
Hi!
Im from Norway so please exuse my english.

Anyway im rebuilding a BJ42 and im allmost ready for my paintjob.
Friday i bought 5 liters of "Dune Beige 416" color . Its an original LandCruiser color which can be seen here :

coolfj40_1827_365788245.jpg

Anyway i gave the guy at the paintshop the 416 code, he the code in his charts and everything was fine untill i got home. The color i got was dark dark grey, allmost black. I phoned the paintshop and explained the situation, he then tripplechecked everything, also up to two other companies (duPont and one other) and he told me he had made the right color.

I do trust the guys at the paintshop, i have used them before. They can of course they can make mistakes, but this time they say that everything is done by the book.

Anyway, can anyone help me with a couple of questions/comments.

- Is there more than one TOYOTA color thats named 416?
- The manufacturer of my paint is MaxMeyer. Does anyone here have the 416 color? Did it come out right the first time, og have anyone else experienced the same as i?
- My old cruiser i painted 464 beige, i used the same paintshop, so i do believe the coedes are correct.

GENERALLY : Can anyone help? any codes or some tricks? i really want that color.. ;p

Ok, I had the same thing happen, and have a quart of funny colored grey paint to prove it. The problem, as I understand it is that the 416 is the toyota number and that translates into the paint manufacturers number.

I'll try to remember to get the ppg number off of the can and post it tomorow. maybe that can be matched up.

That color looks much closer to desert sand, a factory color on 80 and newer FJ-40's. Dune beige is a darker, greyer color. I don't have the code here with me, but I have painted several of each, and my money is on desert sand for the truck in the pic.

treerootCO said:
Pretty sure mine is dune beige. Ige and I were talking about the color yesterday. Her 60 is beige, mine is dune beige.

MaidenVoyage.jpg
great pic treeroot!

Thanks for the answers!
I just made a test paint, ill se how it all works out tomorrow. It got alot closer when i stired it like crazy for an hour. I actually havent seen this color in real life because 40 series are extremely rare in Norway, and im the only one thats going for the 416 color.

If you dont mind, heres some pictures of my project :) :

My Complete project

Sanded axles :
sansblaaste_aksler_1.jpg

Everything in axles are rebuilt

calipper.jpg

aksel2.jpg

Blastered frame
nye-deler.jpg

ramme4.jpg

My beloved 3B
mot3.jpg

60 Powersteering conversion
serv_3.jpg

Havard; Nice pics! I love what you have done so far. The picture you posted looks almost exactly like my 1976 without the dings and scratches. Same color, same wheels, same bumper. I always thought my color was just "beige". But I didn't paint it. The previous owner did.
Welcome to the forum. Norway is a place I've long wanted to visit.

Ok, here is info from the ppg cans I had in my garage:

Can 1, the wrong 416:

OEM: 416B Toyota
DCC29399
Medium Greige

Can 2, the right 416:

OEM: T416 Toyota
DCC23754
Dune Beige

So it looks like there are two color codes with 416. In this case the oem number is the paint manufacturers interpretation of the factory color code, and the DCC number is the paint manufacters number for the factory color, with DCC being a particular type of paint.

håvard said:
If you dont mind, heres some pictures of my project :) :

:grinpimp: This is just the eye candy we always want!

What year is your 42? I assume it's 81-82 since you had to put power steering on it, but that's not a 100% identifier (and it's based on Canadian importations). And I thought Canada was bad for rust! There's some nasty cancer in the pics of your restorations, but I love to see these babies taken care of like they should.

FWIW here's a pic of my plain Beige 83 BJ42, this is color code 464 so maybe it's a good negative example (it's a bit more buttery). It has been repainted with Sikkens paint.
IMG_0265.jpg

Am told this is Dune Beige. Havard.........keep the pics coming!
Front.JPG

Thanks to all of you and sorry for the dealy.
Everything is actually OK with the color. I did a testpaint and the color is right on spot (i have never seen the color in real life, but i think its right on) :)

I just got my "small" tires yesterday. BF MUD 255-85-16 (33x10,5x16). Its just for starterts, im going for 35x12,5x16, but im just not shure what to buy yet. Im going for god old steel wheels on this one. Im gonna make some original old hiace wheels 8" wide. They are just like the stock splitrims, but without the rim (i dont want tubes).

Ill send some more pictures. Im actually gonna paint my tub underneeth today.

I replaced all my ujoints here the other day. Its kind of boring details, but..

mellom1.jpg

Heres a picture of my old BJ2

38.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom