Dual swing out tire carrier bumper FJ40 $750 shipped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone? I build to custom spec.
Sean

Is there a way to Incorporate a way to mount a high lift jack? Maybe on the outside edge between the tire and body and still make it So it doesn't get the jack caught on any thing that brushes up against the side?

Of course, here is a pic of one I made for two jerry cans and a hilift jack on the one side.
IMG_20130803_191735_zps50b5c5f6.jpg

If wanted I could make a bracket that mounts to the tire rack kinda like this.
images

On my truck I made some brackets and mounted my hi lift on the passenger running board, I could do something like that for you also.

Thanks,
-Sean

uploadfromtaptalk1393523449423.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1393523471346.jpg

Got sent some pics of a painted bumper, had a couple issues but were able to be worked out.
Sean

uploadfromtaptalk1393523449423.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393523471346.jpg

Hello Sean, I have been looking at your thread here and will be doing something in the near future. I was wondering what does it typically cost to powder coat apiece like that..? I saw the most recent one that was painted, is that rattle can pain... Love that gloss look to it. In addition, how much would shipping be to Arizona, 85257 from your location..?

As a small piece of customization, I like the Jerry-can setup and the securement of the cans inside the holder. I was wondering however if you could possibly put a flap or something over the opening area of the cans to prevent some knucklehead from opening them and pumping out any fuel you might have in there or possibly even dropping something into your can to contaminate your fuel etc. I was possibly envisioning a steel flap folding up and over the can openings which secures possibly with a padlock to the bar running through the handles etc. Maybe hinged to the front of the carrier or something..? Not really sure... Any ideas..?

Let me know, I really like your work and like I said, I will probably be doing something in the near future but I have nothing concrete in the way of a timeframe right now.

Darius

I am working on a bumper and a couple other projects for the next week or so, but i will take a few minutes this weekend to draw up a sketch of what you are asking for and see what you think, i have also had the idea of putting something to keep undesirables out of peoples fuel tanks.
Thanks
Sean

Thanks for the heads up!

I am working on a bumper and a couple other projects for the next week or so, but i will take a few minutes this weekend to draw up a sketch of what you are asking for and see what you think, i have also had the idea of putting something to keep undesirables out of peoples fuel tanks.
Thanks
Sean

Excellent Sean... Thanks for the heads up... :clap::beer:

Excellent Sean... Thanks for the heads up... :clap::beer:
I am horrible with photoshop, but would something like this work? It would be a second strap to deal with, but it would be really secure.
Shipping is around $150.
Thanks,
-Sean

IMG_20130803_191735_zps50b5c5f6 copy.jpg

I am going to be out of town for a wedding from the 14th through the 23rd, if anyone wants one before then they need to let me know by this weekend.
Thanks,
-Sean

I am back from my vacation and ready to build some of these!

Summer is coming up, and now us a great time to order a custom to your spec fj40 bumper.
Sean

I am still willing to make some of these.
Thanks,
-Sean

Anyone need or want one of these built?

someone sent me a message but my phone acted up and it got deleted, could you please resend.
Sean

You think you can copy this design?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

But with a dual swing out for a hi-lift and 2 jerry cans mounted higher like this?
image.jpg

Yes, but it looks like that one had some frame modifications to accommodate that bumper.
Sean

Yes apparently the sides of the rear crossmember where the tail lights mount are cut out and the bumper bolts to it.

Cost and shipping to 14303?

I am out of town away from the shop until Friday, is it alright if I get back to you on that then, when I have a chance to see how I can do it?
Thanks,
Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom