1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downey 4" lift springs

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Gus, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Gus

Gus SILVER Star

Media:
    Does anyone run the Downey 4" lift springs on their rig, are they as soft/flexible as claimed. I'd also be interested in hearing about any other 4" lift springs for the FJ40 that provide a good amount (the more the better) of flex. ???

2. Halo3

Halo3

While doing my own investigation a few months back, it was relatively a unanimous vote in favor of Skyjacker's 4" spring packs.  Best ride & flex of the various FJ40 spring manufacturers.

P.S. You'll also get nods for the OME system, but it comes with a hefty price tag. Best thing I can say about that is that at least it is a COMPLETE kit...comes with ALL bushings, greasable shackles, greasable leaf spring pins, etc.

3. Design311

Design311

The biggest downside of the Downey's from what I've heard is that they tend to sag quickly. I did a LOT of research before I bought a lift for my Cruiser. Like Halo3 said, the best seem to be OME or Skyjacker. I did hear good things about BDS systems as well. I have the 4" Skyjacker kit and I have no complaints. It rides well on-road and flexes really well off-road. Just my 2 pennies worth :D

4. Gus

Gus SILVER Star

Media:
    :D Thanks for the input guys, I've heard a lot about the Skyjacker units, I'll most likely end up with those. :G