Door Lock Actuator Replacement (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't have any problem with any alarms. After replacing the motor and bench testing and working I reinstalled into LC. Didn't work. I tested wire harness between actuator and the connection point by my left foot behind the panel. Found 2 broken wires, one for the lock one way and the other was the limit switch. If you needed to do this you can unplug the harness from inside the vehicle then loosen the rubber boot between the door and cab and pull into door. before I did this I did check the continuity between the color coded wires and it showed 2 bad. I used butt splices to reconnect. Hope this can help
Richard

I was able to get the actuator out but for the life of me I couldn't get it to open up to access the motor inside. I looked through the thread and it seems like people have been sticking them in the oven to soften up glue?

Pretty easy job though, thanks everyone for the write up and information. Love taking money out of the dealers pocket. :)

Glad you got that taken care of! I popped mine in a toaster oven for ~5 minutes and pried it apart with a flat head screw driver (VERY slowly). It took some patience, alternating which side you pry on etc, but it finally came apart after a while with minimal damage to the lip.

So I successfully fixed my door lock, and my key remote still works, but about 8 hours after the door fix my aftermarket alarm and remote start stopped working. Guess it could be a coincidence but all the buttons light up on the aftermarket fob. Strange that they worked for a while though.

Any idea how I would go about fixing it? I bought the car used so I don't know anything about the alarm and remote start system it had.

Aftermarket alarms can be a real headache from what I've heard/read (especially if not installed properly). If it were me, I'd try to go back to stock if possible and not worry about a botched wiring job.

I realize that's not much help, but I don't pretend to have any knowledge of electronics/wiring, one of the things I usually stay away from unless it's painfully simple.

I think I may have found the motor.

JOHNSON ELECTRIC Product Catalog

Dimensionally, the motor seems to be the same (or very close.....+/- .2mm). Its application is listed as "door lock".

Other than how to purchase the motor, the only remaining issue is the copper colored collar on the motor shaft that engages the worm gear (see photo).

View attachment 255376

I'm hoping the collar is just press fit on to the shaft splines. I will try to remove it and see what happens.
View attachment 255376

Hi all,

I'm new here and am just reading this for the first time. Does anyone know if & how the bronze collar/bushing was removed? It appears to be pressed on but it's very fragile looking and I['m afraid that the force to remove it will crumble it into pieces. Maybe heat would help.

Hi all,

I'm new here and am just reading this for the first time. Does anyone know if & how the bronze collar/bushing was removed? It appears to be pressed on but it's very fragile looking and I['m afraid that the force to remove it will crumble it into pieces. Maybe heat would help.

Just grab it with pliers or vise grips and pull hard. It'll slide off, but it takes a little effort.

Just grab it with pliers or vise grips and pull hard. It'll slide off, but it takes a little effort.

That's what I was hoping to hear. When the time comes I may try holding the shaft with a pair of needle nose pliers just above the bushing/collar and tapp the end of the shaft with a hammer. That way no force is applied directly to the soft part. Thanks for the post.

How does the actuator assembly unbolt so I can have enough room to pull it out of the door to pry the lid off?

Here:
DSC_0138_small.JPG

Can I buy worm gear / collar somewhere? I can't get mine off and pretty sure if I apply more force it will be unusable.

Ok removed the assembly. How are you guys removing motor from assembly?

What did you do to actually get the assembly and actuator out the door?

I can't seem to figure this out from this thread : (

Club Lexus has a thread showing the window has to come out and numerous other things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom