Door latch mechanism (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd confirm years.

Certainly wouldn't fit my 74... Or 69-74 for that matter.

those are 75+ I believe

never used them, they are 1/4 of the price that SOR wants($60 per side) for theirs

funny it looks like you get one gold and one silver.....what no bronze?

might want to take alook inside the door, there was(when new) some foam on the rods to keep them from rattling.

At that price, give it a shot and let us know how it goes. Mine were loose when i got my truck 20 years ago. I just learned to live with it. Squirt some white lithium grease in there and see if that helps.

At that price, give it a shot and let us know how it goes. Mine were loose when i got my truck 20 years ago. I just learned to live with it. Squirt some white lithium grease in there and see if that helps.

Ok ill let u know. Im kinda just collecting the parts so i wont know for a while. Ill spray some grease for now though thx.

did you try to adjust the body latch ,sometimes flipping it over helps then adjust it in towoard the seats usually cure the rattle

For some reason i thought oem isnt. Ill double check with cruiserdan.

I dont think its the body latch i was playing with the mechanism it looks like its loose inside. I could be wrong. The body latches appear fine.

Yeah, but you save $51.34, so....

Ouch! Thx for info i think. Prefer to go oem when possible. Whelp thats my parts quota for the month.

I was going to go with repro just to have new zinc plating but after reading horror stories on how the aftermarket ones worked, I kept my original still perfectly functioning mechs. Might not look as pretty as the rest of my cruiser but performs great.

Last edited:
I was going to go with repro just to have new zinc plating but after reading horror storied on how the aftermarket ones worked I kept my original still perfectly functioning mechs. Might not look as pretty as the rest of my cruiser but performs great.

I see good to know thx. I guess the pricey way is the best way to go as usual with these rigs.

I guess the pricey way is the best way to go as usual with these rigs.

No guessing required, it's an immutable law of nature with these beasts :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom