Doetsch tech shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73lndcrsr

SILVER Star
Threads
Can Doetsch tech shock be mounted upside down? I seem to remember reading this somewhere, but i can't find it again.

Thanks in advance.

my rears are can-up, outta switch the fronts...no problems with leakage. They are NOT 50-50 valved, so it does change dampening characteristics slightly.

They are NOT 50-50 valved, so it does change dampening characteristics slightly.

I don't get it. This came up on CCOT's bulletin board a while ago. If a shock is valved for "X" in compression and "Y" in extension, those numbers are constant no matter if the shock is upside-down, downside-up, leftside-right, etc. Mounting a shock upside down doesn't change the fact that it is in compression when your suspension hits a bump.

What am I missing?

hhhmm...It's been my understanding that the valving on a shock gets messed when positioned upside down...IIRC, rancho even states that for their 9000 series to work the can must be down...

anyone else with info?!?

I ran doestch tech's flipped on my first 40 - no adverse expereiences. Althought there might be some effects, i didn't notice any.

Though i will say that will 36" bias ply Swampers, it's hard to notice anything but the tires.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom