Do your tires Squeaking Tires while turning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I'm turning on blacktop parking lots my tires squeaking typically drawing someone's attention. I have some old Michelin MS tires so not sure if this is the issue. Anyone have this same issue?

Mine only squeak when driven in anger.

On a serious note, I would attribute this to an AWD vehicle spinning the outside wheel. On my Tacoma I had a limited slip differential. It would squeal tires at the most inopportune moments, especially with well worn BFG's.

Mine does. I have lx20 continental tires.

No squeaking here. I'd attribute it to the old tires. If new tires don't eliminate it, check alignment and driveline for binding. Sometimes certain pavement coatings do that anyway.

Ball joints, cv axles, steering rack, diff's, tires, etc etc etc.
All of the above have caused excessive tire squeal for me.

Yes. Mine will do it on smooth asphalt.

mine does on smooth asphalt too, especially on polished concrete. All my vehicles do.

you will notice you will get the squeaking when you are driving across the painted lines. The smoother surfaces breaking up the traction of the blacktop creates this. try going to a section of the lot where there are no lines and the noise will go away.

like the poster mentioned above, polished concrete will also create noise. just a friction difference to the rubber tread contact patch

Mine squeak too. It's not constant like you'd expect from a tire or alignment issue. It's more like a couple squaks at the beginning of a turn. I attributed it to the full time 4wd system releasing the axles. For me it's whenever I turn, smooth asphalt or not if the turn is at least mildly aggressive. If it's not happening on every LC, I guess I'll have to look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom