Desmog components (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really need a carb rebuild / distributor recurve and whatever else you sell for desmogging a 85 fj60.
Thank you!
Hi Mason,
Thanks for posting. Does the engine currently have a weber carb? If so, then go ahead & send in the OEM carb for rebuild. Turnaround is about 6 weeks, cost is $349 for rebuild, desmog & rejet, test on instrumented engine, return shipping.
Dissy clean & recurve is $129.
The full set of desmog parts (idler $110, EGR $30, gasket $15, caps & plugs $10) is $165.

Jim
Are you going to have any idlers for a 79 40 with stock power steering in this batch?

Ok. I have a 79 with stock Power steering. I need the whole kit. What's the total $$ and your PayPal ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Ok. I have a 79 with stock Power steering. I need the whole kit. What's the total $$ and your PayPal ?
Thanks
$171 to fj40jim at Gmail dawt comm.
Please mention in the comments field that this is for a full kit for a 79.

$ sent. Shipping address should show up. Let me know if it doesn't. Thanks

Jim
I got the kit. Thanks for the quick shipping however it did not have the EGR gasket included. Can you send me one please.
Also, what is your procedure for sending a carb and dizzy for rebuild and recurve?
Thanks

$$ sent for the air pump idler for an 84 FJ60 when you have them in stock, thanks

Jim
I got the kit. Thanks for the quick shipping however it did not have the EGR gasket included. Can you send me one please.
Also, what is your procedure for sending a carb and dizzy for rebuild and recurve?
Thanks
The EGR gasket is kinda fragile, so it is shipped attached to the EGR blockoff. Unwrap the billet blockoff and the gasket will be on there.

Thanks Jim. Also give me some info on the carb rebuild and dizzy recurve. I want to get them sent on in while
I'm working on my other truck. I will email also.

Sent in my order for a full kit today. Looking forward to dumping the smog pump as it is not needed.

Guys, the EGR gasket is still backordered from Toyota. It is not officially discontinued, but could be several weeks before more are manufactured, airfreighted from the mother country and delivered to me.

If you want to order the full desmog kit of stuff that is available today, it would be: AP idler, EGR billet blockoff, cap & plug kit for a total of $156.

Thanks!

Thanks Jim. Also give me some info on the carb rebuild and dizzy recurve. I want to get them sent on in while
I'm working on my other truck. I will email also.
MTR,
You are owed a EGR gasket, but there are none available to me in the near future. I can send back the paypal amount of the gasket, or we can leave it as a backorder for a couple more weeks. LMK, no problem either way.

Carb rebuilds are 6+weeks backed up currently (ouch).
Price is $349 for rebuild, modify/desmog as necessary for best performance, test run & adjust, return shipped.

Dizzy recurve is only (!) 2-3 weeks backed up right now.
Price is $129 for clean & recurve, test spin in sun-alyzer, return shipping.

Jim
Leave the gasket on back order for a bit.
As to the carb and dizzy, do I just send them in and PayPal or do you invoice me?

Send them in and I'll send a PP invoice after they're checked out & rebuildable. If there is a non-rebuildable problem, then I send it back (particularly the dissy), no charge.

We're considering producing a threaded plug to replace the EGR valve where it connects to the intake manifold sideplate.

How's it going with the work on the plug? I've bought everything else I need from you but have held off on the desmog until I see what you come up with for this part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom