Deny's New Landcruiser Farm! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

s***e...Sorry to hear Deny, but glad it sounds like the best possible outcome. Speedy recovery.

gb

THanks Greg, looks like I will be doing half time at the office soon.
CHeers,

Yikes!, Glad to hear you'll be fine. Cruise On!

All good Phil, just a bit of pain now, but almost as good as new, I think finish this month off at half time at work, then another month of just office work and I should be back to everything I did before the accident again. Here are a couple of pics of the finished fence we completed just before the injury, got two horses in there now. Good thing about the injury is I got out of throwing hay bales a few weekends ago and the GF had to do all 250 bales by herself ;) Tough kid ;) She just painted the horse shed last night but it was too dark to take pictures ;)
20150809_184852.jpg

20150809_184951.jpg

So this is what has been keeping me busy at home for the last few weeks, been stretched out a bit due to the injury but things are going, which is the good thing;)
start.JPG
hole.JPG
tank drop.JPG
cluster.JPG
mountain dog.JPG

New septic?

Ha ha, no Phil, although it is a septic tank, I am using it to collect water from my eave troughs and the weeping tile around the house that I am installing ;) As below. Also installed electric cable to install a pump and it will be used to water the garden, and possibly water the horses as well (I am thinking in the next year of burying a water line to the horse pasture so it can be self filling).
rock.JPG

pipes.JPG

Last edited:
Just a little update on the Farm, seeing I didn't get around to working on the Mine truck this winter. Been doing a few chores with the helper, old blue did a little wood collecting, and the mini truck also hauls water in addition to it's plowing duties (plus fire wood runs the odd time).
IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0807.JPG

Gotta admit I don't really feed hay too often, but when I do, the helpers come by and add some entertainment ;) Maybe if I lay here I will be camouflage with the pallet and the dog won't find me ;)
IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

Too hot in the shop, let me go out side to cool off ;)
IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

Been doing some shop wall building and trying to seal off the shop from the rest of the house upstairs, so I can weld and paint in there while the weather is bad. The window was a big opening to this cool kids play room between the laundry room downstairs and the kitchen upstairs.
IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG

Had a couple buckets built for the mini hoe, getting ready for summer.
IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

Not much to report on the home front. Moose has been hanging out quite a bit lately jumping in to the hay shed and causing a rucus. Here is hoping he will get some spike antlers this year and I can take care of him this fall ;) Did some tractor duties with my helper again, then had to brush some winter hair out, man is she hairy and with a few sticks mixed in ;)
IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

Thanks Martin, yeah she just likes attention. Seen her first run in with a moose, she really just wanted to play ;) she likes everything that moves ;)
IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

So I was up late last night doing some work in the pasture prior to the snow we are suppose to get tonight or tomorrow. The Wagon got to tag team with the tractor to do the work since old blue was in the shop inside resting for the winter still. I stupidly built the gate too narrow (which I will be changing this year as I prepare for the barn build) so I had to use the tractor to lift the harrows over the fence and it was nice not having to drag them across the property and down the driveway too.
IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG
I was just harrowing the field from the winter of two horses s***ing in the pasture (I do have two piles scraped up before the frost left, will be hauling them out to compost for next years garden soon) and spreading it out so as to break the clumps down so the field is fertilized and the grass grows well through all the mines ;) The Wagon did pretty good even pulling the harrows through the wet spot still leaking snow melt from the forest and standing water present (tractor would have been stuck for sure ;) )

Shaved the cat and planted the garden ;)
IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

Drone from work took some photos, thought they were cool ;) house and two southern fields. Northern third of property cut off at bottom. Jim just finished haying ;)
DJI_0726.JPG

Thanks Martin, nice you could make it up. How was your hunt up here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom