Deny's New Landcruiser Farm! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:lol: 'pinned it in 8th'

Well tried 8th, but near stalld it going up a hill, so was 6th up the hill till the corner then 8th for another 200m ;) still only like 50km/hr if that ;)

Fencing time, got rained out after the first day, but last night got 52 poles in, just need another 27 and time to start the boards! for being the smallest hay field I have, it's still pretty big at 6 acres! good thing it only needs one side fenced right by the driveway. Then it will be time for GF's horse to come home ;) Might get a donkey to be a companion and to help fight off the coyotes ;)
IMG_1287.JPG
20150617_211358.jpg

Nice work. We are in the middle of fencing our place too. Lots of work but rewarding...

you forgot expensive! ;) Spent another 300 bucks on fence posts today, think total so far and still need a few more boards is over $2500

Oh, yes... I kinda figured you were widdling your own out of trees.... cause you're hardcore oldschool like that :)

Hey now, I might be oldschool, but I'm not bitterly cheap like Jim ;)

Looking great, Deny! :beer:

Thanks Rob, it's all starting to come together now, lots of work but rewarding. Tractor got to go out on a reclamation job I had where I had to mow the pipeline ROW so we could spray it and disc it up to get a different grass to catch (and deal with some contour issues). Starting to earn it's keep off the farm, hopefully I can get a few more like this so that I can pay off the mower at least ;) Best day of the year at work for sure, beats the hell out of sitting behind the desk! :)
20150609_103027.jpg
20150609_133733.jpg

photo.JPG
Got a new toy yesterday, should be fun! ;)

Hey, have you seen any of these supposed feral wild boar on your farm? Just saw an article on CBC about them
around Dawson Cr, got me wondering.

First test with the toy is to load yourself onto a trailer! :beer:

No Boars on my place ;) just deer,moose, and grouse. Yeah I had to ask the john deere guy to load it for me between my wheel wells ;) I am just playing around first getting used to the controls.

Got a new toy yesterday, should be fun! ;)
Nice Deny, I rented one for 10 days back when I had to landscape the front yard at my old, old place. The rental was about the same size, but had a thumb, very handy. The rental guy said the weakest link were the tracks, he recommended not walking it a lot if possible.

Motor swaps will be so much easier now :)

Thanks Phil, yeah you can't see it, but this one has a thumb too, I have a few wood piles to burn, so figured it would come in handy. Also have a few things to move too. My buddy Adam has a picker truck and seen how handy that is, so this mini hoe should be nice for moving things around too ;)

That's a nice hoe. With the hydraulic thumb should also be handy for reclamation jobs and if you get into constructing habitat with rock or wood debris.

yup Martin, that's the plan, buy all my toys/tools now, get really used to running them, then down the road if for some reason I can't do what I do now, I can start my own construction/reclamation company. More money in equipment then monitoring ;)

Please note, I will be off of mud for a little bit as I recover from a broken back, sustained unloading a quad at work last week. All is good, I can walk but just in a bit of pain and can't pick up anything for a month or so. I am very thankful for still being able to walk and most likely a full recovery, but will spend limited time in office over then next few weeks, so little time for mud. Mostly just relaxing on the farm. Stay safe out there people!
Cheers,

Please note, I will be off of mud for a little bit as I recover from a broken back, sustained unloading a quad at work last week. All is good, I can walk but just in a bit of pain and can't pick up anything for a month or so. I am very thankful for still being able to walk and most likely a full recovery, but will spend limited time in office over then next few weeks, so little time for mud. Mostly just relaxing on the farm. Stay safe out there people!
Cheers,

If there is anything we can do to help you out in any way please let me know. We're always up for a trip to FSJ! :) I hope you heal fast and are 100% before you know it.

Thanks Charla,

Doing good, parents are just up helping with hay shed building (I am doing the important supervising ;) I should be back to office work by September, I was really lucky, think the best back break that I could have had, I think I will heal fast too ;)
Cheers,

s***e...Sorry to hear Deny, but glad it sounds like the best possible outcome. Speedy recovery.

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom