Delta Products Inc. Iginition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oakley40

SILVER Star
Threads
So when I pressure washed my engine compartment a while back (PO rubber undercoated the engine compartment...and everything else :mad:) I uncovered a partial decal on my firewall from Delta Products Inc. I didn't pay close attention to it as I thought it was a 4WD club in the area because...well I live near the Delta...

I took a closer look at the decal yesterday....my searches found that it's for a capacitive discharge ignition system that apparently produced a higher voltage to the coil and a hotter spark. Pictures of the unit reminded me of a little device the PO included with my rig. I didn't know what it was so I stuck it away. Delta Mark Ten B 10 Deltakit Capacitive Discharge Ignition CDI

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with these?
P3050075.jpg
68markten.jpg

I don't know that particular unit, but they were popular back in the 70s before transistorized ignitors started appearing as stock equipment. As now, they were marketed as a "performance" enhancement, but my experience is that they didn't detectably improve performance on a big block 396 Chevy either at the track or on the dyno. Nothing, zip, zero, nada in terms of performance and I dropped a lot of money on them trying to shave a couple of tenths of a second off my ETs.
They do seem to make the points last longer though.

This was my first Cap Discharge ignition; really helped my old 1953 pontiac. Good for helping ur points and for starting in really cold weather. Keep as an interesting history goodie ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom