Delta Products Inc. Iginition

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Oakley40, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Oakley40

Oakley40

So when I pressure washed my engine compartment a while back (PO rubber undercoated the engine compartment...and everything else :mad:) I uncovered a partial decal on my firewall from Delta Products Inc. I didn't pay close attention to it as I thought it was a 4WD club in the area because...well I live near the Delta...

I took a closer look at the decal yesterday....my searches found that it's for a capacitive discharge ignition system that apparently produced a higher voltage to the coil and a hotter spark. Pictures of the unit reminded me of a little device the PO included with my rig. I didn't know what it was so I stuck it away. Delta Mark Ten B 10 Deltakit Capacitive Discharge Ignition CDI

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with these?
    P3050075.jpg 68markten.jpg

2. Pin_Head

Pin_Head

I don't know that particular unit, but they were popular back in the 70s before transistorized ignitors started appearing as stock equipment. As now, they were marketed as a "performance" enhancement, but my experience is that they didn't detectably improve performance on a big block 396 Chevy either at the track or on the dyno. Nothing, zip, zero, nada in terms of performance and I dropped a lot of money on them trying to shave a couple of tenths of a second off my ETs.
    They do seem to make the points last longer though.

3. dfmorse

dfmorse

This was my first Cap Discharge ignition; really helped my old 1953 pontiac. Good for helping ur points and for starting in really cold weather. Keep as an interesting history goodie ...