1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dash knob diagram anyone?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by milesstarkey, Jan 18, 2003.

1. milesstarkey

milesstarkey

i have a 71 fj40, with like 8 knobs on the dash but don't know what any of them do. the only one that i can make out looks like an H on it. does anyone have a diagram that shows these knobs functions?

2. pfry

pfry

Spectre Off Road www.sor.com has a picture of the dash with knobs labled. It's in their on-line catalog
    You may have to follow the wires/cables to see where they go.
    Some of mine have little pictureS.....like lights, wipers.
    My 4 way knob is red.
    V is for vent.
    H is for heater blower, You will have 2 if you have a rear heater aslo.

3. ScarboDP

ScarboDP

.Sorry I don't have a diagram to put on here so I will just list the knobs on my dash from left to right.

Top Row: 1. just a hole since I bought it from PO but I think it might have been the choke; 2. don't know the second one but by the diagram I am guessing it will squirt water on the windshield; 3. hazard lights; 4. cigarette lighter

Bottom Row: 1. Windshield wiper; 2. Rear Heater; 3. Main heater; 4. Doesn't move so I don't know this one has a V on it; 5. Interior Lights

Hope this helps and if you figure out what those few were that I didnt' know I'd appreciate if you could let me know, I'm kinda curious about those.

4. Hugh Heifer

Hugh Heifer Stapler....where's my stapler. ... SILVER Star

Media:
    [​IMG]

Couldn't resist posting in the old thread :D