Darien Gap Jungle Expedition (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mark Smith had a doctor, planes on standby for medical emergencies, parts, fuel and food delivery.. And permission to carry arms, countless locals to cut jungle and build rafts, a variety of anti-venom and film crew. Ofcourse, 1978 was obviosly a different political world. Several of them were infected with a variety of bacterias. If you have all of this covered, then I think you could be successful. I can't wait to se the video. Good Luck!

Yes, we know this already. The plan is to do the same. Navy Corpsman, fuel, parts and food drops. Documentary is under development. This isn't the forum to spell out the details of exactly how we plan to do what we are doing. Thanks for your input.
Mark Smith had a doctor, planes on standby for medical emergencies, parts, fuel and food delivery.. And permission to carry arms, countless locals to cut jungle and build rafts, a variety of anti-venom and film crew. Ofcourse, 1978 was obviosly a different political world. Several of them were infected with a variety of bacterias. If you have all of this covered, then I think you could be successful. I can't wait to se the video. Good Luck!

River running the BJ.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

upload_2016-3-23_8-24-55.png

The paramilitary stars in Los Katios and Riosucio areas are disappointing

Last edited:
upload_2016-3-23_8-42-30.png

Right wing paramilitary group Urabenos replacing FARC.

32" tires? I think you guys are crazy. This is not crossing baren australia. Its like crossing lousiana mud for 100s of miles. I would want something that would eat a camel trophy rover for breakfast. I would want something I could sleep in in the back because the roof top tents will probably not last long before they get shredded and its harder for snakes n bugs to slither into a sealed cab. I would want a gas motor thats light like a 4.0 toyota v6 with around 300hp and some 38 skinny boggers or sx's so you can get a fair amount of wheel speed. Maybe just foam filled tractor tires. I would probably do a 4th gen 4runner with 80 axles and simple yet indestructible suspension. The 4.0 has power, a sealed timing chain, and a single drive belt for the accesories, and the truck itself is light and roomy. And I would put dual motors on the 8274 for monster pulling. Heavy Chicken wire or metal grate all the windows. 3" body lift with armor everywhere and flat bottomed underneath. Cut front fenders like crazy and cut n tub the rear and keep it very low cog. fj80 axles with 32 spline axles, birfields, and rear pinion from nitro. 100-110" wheel base. 0 degree departure and approach angles. And would have about 8 trucks all built the same. More KOH mixed with camel trophy. I still think its too dangerous because of all the weird people you could encounter, I just have no desire to mess with that, or put others in a postion to mess with that. It sounds like its like wheeling in lousiana mud, but Isis type people could be hiding in the woods to shoot the whole lot of you and take your stuff and no one would know what ever even happened to you. I mean, record books are cool and all, but not if your dead. Instead drive accross the amazon or africa or alaska or russia or something-and would be just as much of an adventure. Just as much fun, and much better chance of not being dead. It takes a big man to think things through and back away. Life is precious man, be careful how you use it and the lives of others. Their are some worthy causes worth dying for, trying to trek accross a jungle where crazies live is not.

32" tires? I think you guys are crazy. This is not crossing baren australia. Its like crossing lousiana mud for 100s of miles. I would want something that would eat a camel trophy rover for breakfast. I would want something I could sleep in in the back because the roof top tents will probably not last long before they get shredded and its harder for snakes n bugs to slither into a sealed cab. I would want a gas motor thats light like a 4.0 toyota v6 with around 300hp and some 38 skinny boggers or sx's so you can get a fair amount of wheel speed. Maybe just foam filled tractor tires. I would probably do a 4th gen 4runner with 80 axles and simple yet indestructible suspension. The 4.0 has power, a sealed timing chain, and a single drive belt for the accesories, and the truck itself is light and roomy. And I would put dual motors on the 8274 for monster pulling. Heavy Chicken wire or metal grate all the windows. 3" body lift with armor everywhere and flat bottomed underneath. Cut front fenders like crazy and cut n tub the rear and keep it very low cog. fj80 axles with 32 spline axles, birfields, and rear pinion from nitro. 100-110" wheel base. 0 degree departure and approach angles. And would have about 8 trucks all built the same. More KOH mixed with camel trophy. I still think its too dangerous because of all the weird people you could encounter, I just have no desire to mess with that, or put others in a postion to mess with that. It sounds like its like wheeling in lousiana mud, but Isis type people could be hiding in the woods to shoot the whole lot of you and take your stuff and no one would know what ever even happened to you. I mean, record books are cool and all, but not if your dead. Instead drive accross the amazon or africa or alaska or russia or something-and would be just as much of an adventure. Just as much fun, and much better chance of not being dead. It takes a big man to think things through and back away. Life is precious man, be careful how you use it and the lives of others. Their are some worthy causes worth dying for, trying to trek accross a jungle where crazies live is not.
Appreciate the feedback.

This is awesome. I have always dreamed in doing this as well. I am Colombian living in the US, it would help to have a spanish speaking member as I also have a BJ70. LOL I will be PMing you. I have contacts that can help in Colombian side of things.

File_004.jpeg

This is awesome. I have always dreamed in doing this as well. I am Colombian living in the US, it would help to have a spanish speaking member as I also have a BJ70. LOL I will be PMing you. I have contacts that can help in Colombian side of things.

View attachment 1236131
Look forward to discussing this with you.

Darien Trucks and Men.png
THE TRUCKS AND MEN OF THE DARIEN GAP EXPEDITION.

And then there were THREE...

Do we have a fourth?

Now that we have our base team in place, the work of sponsorship and project/expedition development begins in earnest. We will continue to seek additional vehicle(s) and ride along team members as the existing team will decide collectively in an internal forum. We are looking for additional ride along team members for the expedition who bring with them specialized skills for this endeavor. Those would include special operations military training, jungle survival skills, and medical training such as an adventurous medical doctor or US Navy Hospital Corpsman might bring to the table. As this exciting adventure continues to unfold, I look forward to the potential for new additions to the team. Lets make motoring history gentlemen.

Ubi concordia, ibi Victoria
(Where there is unity, there is victory)
Lets go gentlemen... Lets go...

Last edited:
And then there were four...

See y'all there!!!! I'm registered...

Untitled.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom