1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dana 60 school

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by ckolloff, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ckolloff

ckolloff

Somebody school me on Dana 60 axles. Tell me every thing you know. I just got a set of '73 dodge, passenger drop, single wheel, axles. 30 spline outers and drive flanges. My specific questions are:

What is involved to install locking hubs in place of the drive flanges? Do the hubs impact the spline count on my outer axles: specifically, if I am swapping to hubs should I go to stronger 35-spline outers or can I wait and do hubs 1st then swap outers if I break them? I guess what I want to know is are the hubs capatible with both 30 & 35 spline outers.

Hub recomendations?

Are there any steering geometry concerns swappin these under my cruiser running 35-38 inch tires

Does RC mean "reverse cut"? what is the advantage/disadvantages.

What is the difference between open vs. closed knuckles and which is better, why?

Rear disc conversion advice?

Any online info sources?

Anything you can tell me is appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,
    Chris

2. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
  3. Medusa

Medusa

4. ckolloff

ckolloff

:D Thanks guys. Not going to narrow, but didi enjoy your site Jack. I plan to use those 7.5 backspace hummer beadlocks to get the width down. The single wheel Dodges are a little narrower anyway. I'll surf around Belleviste and see if I am left w/ any questions.

5. sixpaxjim

sixpaxjim

Help

Do you still have this info handy? this is what I'm thinking of doing and need any help I can get....:hmm:

6. DSRTRDR

DSRTRDR I can mangle anything ... SILVER Star

Media: