CX racing header and downpipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, first positive thing. My header shipped already. I was afraid of backorder and delays. Should see it Tuesday

Anyone know anything about the CX racing turbo kit for the LC? On the net for a decent price.

I asked that question once too. My replies were that the turbo is a cheap-o and the intercooler location is no good. That being said, I'm still interested in it but it probably would have a shorter life span. Do a search for scottryana ' s post on a low boost turbo set-up. It's probably the way to go

Thanks! Checker it out, sounds like like a good option.

Another question... Will the I need to do any fuel mapping if I add a turbo and do a port/polish on the head?

CX has a different setup for turbo, not using the header they carry. That turbo kit looks like fun, but also like an eBay special.....;)

How are you going to add a turbo with the CX header?
I was thinking of their turbo kit with their turbo header. I think I'm taking plenty of risk in the quality/durability department just using the header for my supercharged truck. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Got my header today which is cool. The box was pretty poorly wrapped and the resonator has a couple of dings which stinks but not a deal breaker. The header parts are very beefy and I am impressed with that but the fitment of the flange to tube kind of sucks. The 80 head has an oval port as does the flange but the tube is round and there is a nasty mismatch. There is a weak attempt at grinding it smooth but it's well, weak. I'm going to see what I can do with it.
20150331_192640.jpg
20150331_192835.jpg

For the money so far it's o.k. but it needs more work to be sweet. Nice looking parts otherwise
20150331_192705.jpg
20150331_192749.jpg

I'm thinking that too, hopefully I can at least smooth the transition. I need to consult with some of my machinist buds but I may be able to open it up, re tig weld it where it gets thin or cuts through and then check/mill the flange to make sure it's flat. That would be my win-win but we will see

reminds me of high school metal shop welds....lol
whats with the left over wire in the tube?
looks good otherwise

Wow! cut and re-tig there's enough flange meat to mill it if it warps. nice seeing this though as I have been curious.

I did some grinding on one of the manifolds and got some nice result pretty quickly. I can get it re tig welded if need be but really I didn't have to go that far. It's not perfect but at least it has a nice transition
20150402_175623.jpg
20150402_175629.jpg

Compared to the unground header it's much better
20150331_192841.jpg

I have this setup arriving this week, what did you use to smooth out the welds on the inside and clean up the mounting plate surface. And I'm not much of a welder but if i got to far can it be fixed with some spot welding. Just started my hand at welding and have a stick welder but access to a mig if needed.

It would have to be TIG welded by someone. There isn't much to do about the round tube welded to an oval shape other than just smoothing the transition some. It's not real hard to make it reasonable. I am using an air powered die grinder and a metal grinding bit

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom