Cummins B3.3 FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How is the 3.3 treating you?

any updates.... anything you would do over or different ?

Just made it to the end of the thread---having only seen one 45 or at least what was left of it I am drooling over the diesel one!!! Great truck!

Bennent,

I love the B3.3---great little engine. We had -15F here a little while ago and the truck fired right up and ran great---even without being plugged in. Only thing I would do different if you want a driver for longer hauls is have a transmission with an overdrive. I am going to be building one here shortly (Marchish) that will have the B3.3, NV4500 with Toyota transfer case, Australian gearing in the Transfer case to get an extra 8% overdrive and 3.73 diffs---shooting for 35+ mile per gallon.

FYI...Phoenix is starting to make adapters for the toyota r151. I'm planning on running the r151 w split tcase. I've been promised the one of the two prototype adapters....now if they would just hurry up and get them done. PM me if you want more info

Thread revival:beer: Talked with Phoenix Casting about a month ago and the are not going to make an adapter for the B3.3 to Toyota. Just have to stack adapters.

hmmn...they did make them the had them this summer...did the not make any more. They were for a 1hz to h55 and 1hz to r151.

there is another way to do it if you're using the r151 and you don't have to source the elusive/expensive 1hz flywheel

hmmn...they did make them the had them this summer...did the not make any more. They were for a 1hz to h55 and 1hz to r151.

They were working on an adapter for an h55 to Cummins B3.3---that is the only one I inquired about about. Not sure what they have made for the 1 HZ.

sorry my last post didn't make sense.

they were making adapters for the b3.3 to the bellhousing pattern of a r151 or h55 that bolts to a 1hz

the ax15 and r151 trans are almost identical...if you google it there are a bunch of jeep forums with good info.
input shaft length is the same if you get a r151 out of a cruiser. If it comes from a mini truck it's the wrong length. I'm getting closer to this part of my build...I will post a build thread soon with some more details.

the ax15 and r151 trans are almost identical...if you google it there are a bunch of jeep forums with good info.
input shaft length is the same if you get a r151 out of a cruiser. If it comes from a mini truck it's the wrong length. I'm getting closer to this part of my build...I will post a build thread soon with some more details.

interesting (i thought the R151 was a pickup turbo transmission, will have to research that). looking forward to your build thread

(i thought the R151 was a pickup turbo transmission, will have to research that).

In the US market, yes. The R151f is still produced, in many other vehicles. Look for an HZJ-79, it'll have an R151f in it....

Dan

the us version has a shorter input shaft so it won't work with the adapters. You have to get the non US cruiser version so you have the correct shaft.

One from a tacoma has the right length shaft but the tailshaft section won't bolt up to a cruiser tcase.

Anyone in the southeast area doing this swap? What about MPG numbers, did we ever get those? Would love to do this in my 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom