Builds Cummins 6bt/nv4500 build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gasser stealing the diesel pump with 3-4 bays open. Larry David would have a problem with this if he drove a diesel.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1435934750.372863.jpg

I always like when they look back at you like your the idiot because your waiting. Clueless... something to be said for that I guess. They might be very happy in there own little world

I dd a dodge diesel, I understand. Luckily it's annoyingly loud, usually they get the picture by the time they are done fueling

I DD a diesel Jetta. Get the annoyed look from diesel pickups pretty often when filling up. I just grin at them.

Clearly staged.

Yea I had one the other day where they filled up and went inside to buy sandwiches at the deli, I waited 10 min. Really contemplated dragging their tourist A$$ out of the way.
Thats one of my unwritten rules of society. You finish filling then you move out before going in the store.

Yea I had one the other day where they filled up and went inside to buy sandwiches at the deli, I waited 10 min. Really contemplated dragging their tourist A$$ out of the way.
I had a guy do that, I pulled up right tight to the passenger side and dropped the diesel pump hose over his hood. Filled my truck and dribbled a bit of diesel in his hood putting it back. Guy walked up just as I was putting it back 15 min after he finished filling.... We was pissed.... I just kept revving my engine saying I could not understand and drove off living him in a puff of soot.

Last edited:
I got inspection done today. In and out in 10 minutes. Honk, brake, blinkers, reverse, turn headlights on, pay $7, and done! And of course there was the "wow" when they popped the hood followed by some small talk. Gotta love diesels in Texas.

Present from the wife.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1438815812.283352.jpg

Always wanted one and this should be a good one to start with. Now I just need to think of something to hack up for the 80.

I had my rear passenger side window go out. No movement at all. Lucky for me I still don't have AC so no big deal right now. When taking the door apart to yank the motor to replace with one from the parts rig it started to work again. It does have a slight drop when getting to the bottom so I'm guessing it's a ticking time bomb now before it craps out again. I put the panel back on because it's too fxxxing hot to want to work on it. My parts rig is sitting directly in the sun and it was 107 according to my thermometer. Save it for another day.

The good and the bad from this weekend.
The good. Getting AC back today! Hopefully at least. I also ordered @LandCruiserPhil flip up rear windows. This kinda was the last reason needed to fix the AC since I won't have two additional windows to open. Not that they did much for airflow driving around in 100+ weather.
The bad. Noticed a drop in the garage of some sort of oil dripping off the front skid plate. Cleaned up the area to figure out if its oil from the front seal or a leaking steering hose. I am betting on the hose. We will see later today after driving around.
I also broke the nipple tab thing on the triangle trim piece on the window when removing the door panel to install the last bit of sound deadening material. Luckily I had a spare. This is the second one I have broken. Even with the panel trim removal tool its a 50/50 chance it comes off clean. I will see if its fixable with epoxy or JBweld to keep as a spare for the next time.
IMG_2655.jpg

I have broken both of those triangle pieces. I have two sitting on the shelf waiting to pop into place, but I won't do it until I am confident that I don't need to mess with the mirror for a while.

I have broken both of those triangle pieces. I have two sitting on the shelf waiting to pop into place, but I won't do it until I am confident that I don't need to mess with the mirror for a while.
Glad I'm not the only one breaking those things. Drivers side 0-2 when removing with no more spares. Passenger side 2-2 with two spares remaining. For some reason the PS pops right off no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom