CSC Random picture thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:lol:
12v acorn grinder...

After everything is all cleaned up I have lost voltage to all the fan speeds except high, evidently the added load took out something in the control. Any ideas?

They like our cactus

IMG_2928.JPG

Stolen from RockJock82... Not sure what to think about this, but damn it looks too cold to get that wet...

Given enough vodka and cucumbers, anything is possible, I guess.

Did you sell her?

:lol:
12v acorn grinder...

After everything is all cleaned up I have lost voltage to all the fan speeds except high, evidently the added load took out something in the control. Any ideas?

Ever get this solved? Only has two speeds hi and low. Each feeds one side of the resistor on the blower motor. The side with a wire going to the motor is high and the other low. With a meter do you have twelve volts to ground one the single wire side of the resistor with the switch on low which should be all the way out?

Ever get this solved? Only has two speeds hi and low. Each feeds one side of the resistor on the blower motor. The side with a wire going to the motor is high and the other low. With a meter do you have twelve volts to ground one the single wire side of the resistor with the switch on low which should be all the way out?

No I have not, put it on the side burner till I have some more time. And a disclaimer; my head is wired more towards ac voltage...
This switch has 4 speeds. At the plug that feeds the motor, 1,2,&3 are zero, 4 has full voltage. The resistance for the lower speeds should be in the switch, right?

My mistake thought this was your 69 FJ40. But guess that won't make sense as the motor is mounted with the shaft down which would make it harder to make a nest in. My question is what vehicle and how did the pack rats get in? Had vehicles parked outside for years with none of these type of problems. Here in the valley have a few stray cats who like to hang in RV parking area. Up north worse I've had was nest in a FJ40 glove box and acorns on the head of a few F engines. Everything up north is now inside a garage that I've managed to keep so sealed so far.

My mistake thought this was your 69 FJ40. But guess that won't make sense as the motor is mounted with the shaft down which would make it harder to make a nest in. My question is what vehicle and how did the pack rats get in? Had vehicles parked outside for years with none of these type of problems. Here in the valley have a few stray cats who like to hang in RV parking area. Up north worse I've had was nest in a FJ40 glove box and acorns on the head of a few F engines. Everything up north is now inside a garage that I've managed to keep so sealed so far.

Nissan SX, and this was a mouse. All I can figure is whoever replaced the whindshield glass at some time did not properly snap down the plastic vent cover. There was just enough space between it and the glass for a small (skinny) rodent to squeeze through hundreds of times with an acorn.:hillbilly:

They don't need much space to sqeeze through.

They don't need much space to sqeeze through.

I'm still not sure how they got into my 68 FJ40 and made a nest in the glove box. Probably a worn grommit for wiring on the firewall. Heater blower would be trickier. Possibly the gap inside side cowl vent for fresh air if the foam seal was gone. Inside the cab the early ones have expanded metal for the intake. Later were plastic and common to be broken. When I installed a security screen on my side door on the northland garage I spent a lot time putting in furring stripes to seal it. Leave it open at night during the summer to cool it off. So far no mice/rats only a few bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom