CSC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My DD (highlander hybrid) is pushing 215k IIRC, i could easily see it going 300+

My moms non hybrid 07 Highlander has a ways to go, it's pushing 15K miles.:rolleyes:

Nice to know Mom is driving something fun and reliable, right?

Mine is second guessing her aged Chrysler 300 (although low miles), starting to develop the usual problems with a 14 year old Mopar.
I had the chance to get behind the wheel of an eco-boost Fusion the other day, wow..

Nice to know Mom is driving something fun and reliable, right?

Mine is second guessing her aged Chrysler 300 (although low miles), starting to develop the usual problems with a 14 year old Mopar.
I had the chance to get behind the wheel of an eco-boost Fusion the other day, wow..

Mom hasn't driven in over five years. She likes to ride in it but that hasn't happened much lately. I make a effort to drive it at least once a week. Bought a 3rd generation 4Runner late last year and prefer driving that. So I really have to make a effort to drive the Highlander to keep things from drying out.

the best thing about the highlander hybrid is that you almost never have to change brakes, and the engine is only on about %70 of the time. Here is a report I wrote up on it.

This is my ACTUAL Vehicle:
http://avt.inl.gov/pdf/hev/6395ToyotaHighlander06factsheet.pdf
http://avt.inl.gov/pdf/hev/ms_toyota_highlander_6395.pdf
http://avt.inl.gov/pdf/hev/batteryhighlander6395.pdf
http://avt.inl.gov/pdf/hev/finalfact2006ToyotaHighlander.pdf

Tyler did the battery testing, i did the track and fuel econ reporting.

My dad bought the white one.

2002 land cruiser free lander - $3500

upload_2015-3-8_22-6-26.png

Close enough right? :rolleyes:

So now I need a birth certificate..
When it's due again in 5 years, they with probably require a passport.:meh:

CDL is due for renewal, 5 years ago all it took was a SS card, a current license, and a medical exam certificate. Now I have to supply multiple documents.
Check these out (favorites are the Dept of Corrections free pass)...Just the kind of Guy I would want to hire, but we will be damn sure he was born in a US hospital.:lol:

http://azdot.gov/docs/default-source/mvd-forms-pubs/96-0526.pdf?sfvrsn=4

I have a funny story.

So, I have been working with this guy, Larry Robinson, about putting his store in at a property we own. I was meeting with him last week, and we started talking about Land Cruisers. As it turns out, he owns a 1996 (I think) in green. I told him about our monthly meetings and that we meet by the QT on Broadway in Tempe, in front of a "building that I am surf not sure what QT uses it for." He looks at me and says, that is his office building. You see, Larry is the director of reAal estate for QT. I asked him not to kick us off his property, he said he wouldn't.

I also told him to come to the meeting this month and sent him a link to the CSC website.

EDIT:

He has a 1999 and it is . . . .

White - of course.

Last edited:
I have a funny story.

So, I have been working with this guy, Larry Robinson, about putting his store in at a property we own. I was meeting with him last week, and we started talking about Land Cruisers. As it turns out, he owns a 1996 (I think) in green. I told him about our monthly meetings and that we meet by the QT on Broadway in Tempe, in front of a "building that I am surf not sure what QT uses it for." He looks at me and says, that is his office building. You see, Larry is the director of reAal estate for QT. I asked him not to kick us off his property, he said he wouldn't.

I also told him to come to the meeting this month and sent him a link to the CSC website.

EDIT:

He has a 1999 and it is . . . .

White - of course.

At one time we had a letter of authorization from QT to have our meeting in the parking lot. This March will make it 11 years.

It will be great to see him attend.

My favorite bluegrass band is coming to the Old Pueblo.

I came across some youtube videos that I thought my fellow cruiser lovers might like.
Type in : Land Cruiser Gibraltar and check out - A day in the life of a land Cruiser (full version) by
Toyota Gibraltar Stockholdings.Any of the TGS videos are pretty cool.If you have seen them already, sorry.
If you haven't - enjoy.

Used my hi lift jack as a come along and pulled out a 4 foot palm tree that I had dug as far as I could but needed the final power of the jack. It had grown into a pcv line and created a underground leak - which was then repaired and the palm was relocated.

Saved me a lot of grief!

When I was a kid, my dad and I locked the front axle of our scout II, put the transfer case in 4l, put the auto in low and (on asphalt) pulled a 30ft eucalyptus stump out like butter. That day was a good day.

Used my hi lift jack as a come along and pulled out a 4 foot palm tree that I had dug as far as I could but needed the final power of the jack. It had grown into a pcv line and created a underground leak - which was then repaired and the palm was relocated.

Saved me a lot of grief!

No pictures? Four foot tall or four foot around?:rolleyes: I'm guessing your palm won't be as happy since you not only relocated it you removed it water supply. Rarely use my High Lift Jacks anymore winch is so much easier. They do come in handy for breaking the bead on tires when breaking them down and the handle as cheater on a breaker bar.

When I was a kid, my dad and I locked the front axle of our scout II, put the transfer case in 4l, put the auto in low and (on asphalt) pulled a 30ft eucalyptus stump out like butter. That day was a good day.

Your lucky it was a early Scout like a 64 the axles would have just snapped. When I bought my first 4X4 I did look at one of those. I ended up with a rode hard put up wet 68 FJ40, even then it never left me stranded. The Scout IIs were pretty nice. Can't remember when they came out ord even around at the time (74) but would have been more then I could afford. Late model had a diesel option.

That looks very familiar. Look back behind the Gelato girls past that poorly done FJ40 but I think that was a 1983.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom