CruiserParts.net Scam Scam Scammers (4 Viewers)

Have you had a terrible experience at CruiserParts.net?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my personal experience with cruiserparts.net is that they are unorganized, unprofessional, have no integrity. ill do with out before i order from them. why are they still allowed on this forum..?

Not a bad experience. Just be patient and expect rusty/filthy parts. Adjust your expectations and you will be fine.

Dyno

Last edited:
If you do a Google map search for their address you will see their facility is an open air salvage yard. I have ordered parts and received what I expected although I was hoping for a better condition. I already planned to have the transmission inspected prior to installation so the outside condition didn't matter much.

No a bad experience. Just be patient and expect rusty/filthy parts. Adjust your expectations and you will be fine.

Dyno

That's probably why their parts are considerably less than sor

I ordered two items, one item was out of stock and the second item they said was the wrong price and tried to charge me 3x as much. I said to cancel order, they agreed. I contacted them about the refund, they said wait another 1-2 days. Didn't happen. They never refunded, so I had to contact through credit card company before they would refund me.

I've been dealing with them since October 9th. I ordered a used rear diff actuator. The guy sends a paypal pay request for $300 (what i was quoted) i pay it. A few hours later i get a call and I'm told wrong price and i need to send another $100. I send it. I'm told since they messed up he would get it out same day or monday (it was Friday). Monday comes and goes and i wait and call Tuesday and I'm told they are rebuilding it before they send it out and i will be very happy and never need another one again. Ok great i think. After another week i get it. It's got a thick coat of some kind of black paint on it and mounting surfaces are pretty s***ty looking. I wire it up and get nothing. It's dead. Call them and no one has any clue of it being rebuilt or what was going on with it. Ok so i send it back. Few days later get a call they bench tested it and its working. Ok very strange i tested it multiple times bench and with my wiring and i had nothing. (I wouldn't send it back without confirmation it wasn't working) so i say strange but ok send it back to me. Few days later i call and check on where it is and I'm told they retested it and there is i wiring issue and it needs to be rebuilt AGAIN. Now I'm getting annoyed. But what can i do but say ok. Next day i get a shipped notice. Strange since i was told it needed to be shipped out for a rebuild. Today i just got it back and guess what i bench tested it just now and nothing. Wtf. Now waiting for Roman to call me back. I go with a "small" company that is local (east coast) and this is what i get. Lets see if they even call me back today. Almost garentee i will have to call them. I'm so disgusted at this point.

I've used them a few times for things not generally available. It's a junkyard in the old school sense and parts are pulled from junked cruisers; not a problem to me. In fact I'd love to go there and wander their yard. They're cruiser folks - they love cruisers and so do I. They could probably find an easier cleaner and especially warmer way to make a living if it weren't for cruisers.

Recently an F engine air cleaner for my '77 desmogged truck. Priced 1/3 of another source. It arrived quicker than I expected but not quickly.
It's rusty but not rusted through anywhere and it's complete with the bracket for mounting. I'll blast it and repaint and it'll look and work just fine.

I have now placed at 3 orders with them in 2015, including a new factory toyota head for my 2H. I have had some wrong parts ship, but they have replaced with correct parts in a timely fashion. So far, all my dealings with them have been great. I have spent some time with them on the phone, and those conversations have been productive and professional. Just my experience!

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them both via and at their shop. No problems with either. BUT, having been to their HQ explains a lot, good guys but business environment is, well, bedlam.... Everyone running around yelling, phones ringing incessantly, UPS guys loading/unloading, guys retrieving parts from the yard, and strange dogs barking for no apparent reason. Small business at its finest.

The 4 speed transmission I purchased in Feb was installed in June by a local transmission shop along with the new clutch assembly. Six months later the transmission had to be replaced, started to whine so loudly conversation was virtually impossible. A friend with another 40 said it sounded like an old Muncy rock crusher transmission. Hopefully the replacement will last much longer.

The 4 speed transmission I purchased in Feb was installed in June by a local transmission shop along with the new clutch assembly. Six months later the transmission had to be replaced, started to whine so loudly conversation was virtually impossible. A friend with another 40 said it sounded like an old Muncy rock crusher transmission. Hopefully the replacement will last much longer.

used parts are hard to give assurances they will be perfect, the big question is: are you saying they replaced it for you?

No found another one locally.

If I remember right for a couple dollars more you can purchase a warranty on the larger components.

I've sent half dozen or so orders there over the past 3 years, from a few bucks to several thousand. Always ships whenever, and without notice, and that is the way it is. What he said:
I've bought a bunch of stuff from them both via and at their shop. No problems with either. BUT, having been to their HQ explains a lot, good guys but business environment is, well, bedlam.... Everyone running around yelling, phones ringing incessantly, UPS guys loading/unloading, guys retrieving parts from the yard, and strange dogs barking for no apparent reason. Small business at its finest.

I bought a 3 spd to 4 spd "conversion kit" and a new centerforce clutch from them several years ago. Parts were rusty and dirty. The output shaft on the tranny was worn badly. The clutch might have been new but was not in new condition on the outside. Called them about the tranny. Decided not to worry about the clutch. They told me tranny would be fine because my 3 spd transfer case would ride in a different position on the output shaft. Complete bs I found after getting it all together. Oh and it whined really bad. It also took several more orders from them, which they did not charge me for, to get most of the parts i needed. I say most because i got tired of convincing and waiting and waiting and convincing and lots of phone calls to get anything and it always coming in terrible rusty and dirty so I finished getting what I needed somewhere else. It became clear they new nothing about the process of or the parts needed to swap to a 4 spd. Strange I thought for some one selling a "complete kit". Got the job done in spite of them. Worst customer experience I have ever had from any company for anything. Not just Cruiser related. Have not and I will not be ordering from them again. I am also surprised to know they are still on mud as a vendor. They either give much better service in some cases or the folks who use them over and over again don't mind putting rusty stuff in the cruisers they are working on.

I bought a drivers side window and a couple of window seals and an a.c. Idler pulley, paid for priority shipping. About a month later I received two windows ( separately shipped)with no other parts. (I'm super surprised that they didn't break as they were poorly wrapped with cardboard and wrapped with tape, my four year old would have done a better job). Apparently they were told that one window broke during shipping? So ok now I've been emailing back and forth being told that the parts are being shipped and I will be reimbursed for the shipping mistake. Great I think, wrong I'm just getting the old "reach around". Its been months still no parts no refund just a big circle jerk.

I want to send them their window back, but I'm not paying for the shipping. Let alone sending it out without getting my parts.

I really don't like ripping on people, I get that they are a small business, just do what you say your going to do. They have an ok ish web sight and advertise all of the parts I need. I have a fist full of dollars and need someone reputable to take them.

I did take a gamble on them knowing all of the bad priority they have on mud...

I just need my parts!!!!

Ps if anyone needs a drivers side window I may have one for a 93- 97 80 land cruiser

I have no complaints with these guys; I've always received my orders in a timely manner. They are a very small operation in terms of man-power and do a seemingly large volume of sales. I believe it's the deficiency in man-power creating very inconsistent quality control.

I wouldn't kick them off here just yet ;)

I have ordered numerous parts over the past 10 plus years, small parts up to a 3FE engine. Had some issues here and there but they always took care of any issues to my satisfaction. It all depends on the part you need sometimes they are a great value other times they are a tad high but never crazy high imo.

Any issues with new parts orders from their other site? I recently placed an order with them and then read this. Called (no answer twice) and emailed (no reply) as the status of my order that has not changed from "thank you for your order and payment" for 3-4 days. If they are a small crew like has been mentioned I might see all my parts tomorrow or Monday and they just don't have time with fooling with updates but I am not counting on it.

Any issues with new parts orders from their other site? I recently placed an order with them and then read this. Called (no answer twice) and emailed (no reply) as the status of my order that has not changed from "thank you for your order and payment" for 3-4 days. If they are a small crew like has been mentioned I might see all my parts tomorrow or Monday and they just don't have time with fooling with updates but I am not counting on it.

So I am not throwing them under the bus just yet, Keenan replied within a day of an email (4 days after order). He said it was in the cue but would not go out in time for weekend repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom