CruiserParts.net Scam Scam Scammers (1 Viewer)

Have you had a terrible experience at CruiserParts.net?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently ordered a part from there. Didn't receive a shipping confirmation. So I try to contact them. After about 5 days I email them asking to cancel the order. No response. I call them and leave a message to cancel the order. No response. I finally get a hold of a dirt bag named Roman. This is 10 days later. He tells me the order has shipped but needs to verify with Weberdirect. A lie. Tells me that a full refund is given if I am not happy with the part. A lie. So Roman tells me the part has not been shipped yet because it was Weberdirects fault. Like a fool, I let Roman talk me into keeping the order and that it's going to arrive in two days and I will receive a full refund if I am not happy. So after I hang up I feel funny about the situation. I decide to research CruiserParts.net and the Weber carb they sell. It's a fake and this forum is full of similar situations like the one I had. I immediately call them back (5 minutes later). Roman answers again. I tell him I definitely want to cancel the order. He says ok but now there is a 25% restocking fee. For a part that never left the warehouse and was never received. There not getting a cent from me. I would like to hear other peoples experiences with them. By far the worst online retailer experience I have ever had. Maybe we could get them off of IH8MUD as a vendor, if this is a common practice of theirs. Seems to be.

At the moment I'm trying to receive the correct side window slider gasket for my bj73. They have sent me to parts with the same part# yet there totally different. & this thing are not cheap. @ $90.00 bucks a piece. Plus shipping I'm over $200.00 on this things. I sent them pic. Vih#. & the gasket don't match.? I spoke with that person Roman & zack the supervisor. They put me on hold. Left a massage. Let's see. I'll keep you guy's posted
20150309_095553.jpg
20150309_095553.jpg
20150309_095630.jpg

I'm nervous. I just ordered an FJ40 steering box gasket kit last week...

Better ordering off Mud from an individual. My experience with them is that their parts are too expensive............generally look worse than what you are replacing, and the shipping is ridiculous. For me they are the last option. In fairness they are usually cordial and pleasant BUT I've never returned anything :)

I agree with Woodman. Just got apes rape. An extra $15.00 per part. A total of $30.00. Parts that I needed cost $64.99 but they send me the "correct" part based on my vin# but only one worked emailed pic. Send the wrong part back. They send me " the correct wrong part" yeah. I know. But it was the same that I just sent back.. anyway I asked for a credit or a refund since the parts that I really needed where $15.00 cheaper. They stated. (Roman) that had talked with his guy aka( zack)that the $30.00 where spent on shipping cost from there end. Mind I send the samenpart back & it only cost me $5.00 what a shame.. so now. I just look or use them as last last last resort. All I need to figure out how to ship stuff from the Dominican Republic. Since there's a ton of there's over there. Be worry when dealing with them. Plus your wait like forever on the phone. Leave a message never get called back.. hopefully fingers crossed. I get the correct part..
20150227_113810.jpg

Used part order -

Sent me a picture of the part prior to purchase as requested.
Ordered the part at a quoted shipped price. Fair price for a discontinued part(less than new)
Arrived timely

New part order -

Asked if the hubs were in stock - yes
Asked how they would be shipped - Priority mail
Based on you shipping it should be here by the end of the week - yes
Arrived as stated
Wrong Hubs does not fit - Called and talked with Cruiser parts people only to find no hub were ever made for my application.:( Bad info and part number given here on MUD.:(
Asked about returning after I tried to install - No problem if no damage and in original box. Per agreement I pay shipping and 25% restocking fee. Also per agreement no cash return only credit. I expressed I would probably never use the credit and they credited back my PayPal account. More than I asked for or agreed to.

I have no beef or problems with my 2 purchases

YMMV

I am in no way associated with Cruiser Parts net

I've ordered from them probably 45 times for my shop over the last three years from dome light covers to full trans and tcases. I feel they are better priced than SOR. When I can I also try to order from Manafre, cruiseroutfitters, SLEE, cruisercorps, and others. They all excell at different areas depending on what you're looking for.
I've had a couple mishaps but they were corrected. I waited way too long for a machined 2f manifold assy recently but finally got it. I will say that I have learned that emailing pictures and clear communication helps a lot in certain situations. The old rule of too much communication isn't a bad thing holds esp true when ordering used parts.

Overall ok, many more good experiences overall. And will continue to use them . Sorry to hear of your situation.

FWIW - I've used them to purchase several OEM "used" items that have been discontinued by Mr. Yota, and I feel their prices are fair. I've had good experiences with them, thru Zak. Note, on one purchase with them, I ordered a 'heater control light' and a few other items for my rig. All the parts came in a few days, but the light was wrong and was a round unit of sort to install in the dash. Called Zak, and emailed him a photo of the wrong part....They resent the correct used 'heater control light' with a return envelope for me to send the round one back....Fortunately, I've had good experience with CruiserParts.net, albeit no one is perfect and they've corrected/resolved my one issue quickly.

Note - I've never dealt with Roman, so I can't speak to any interaction with that individual.

As for what can done to a nasty used part from them, here have a look at my last purchase from CruiserParts.net

Initial condition:
IMG_1717.JPG

Final condition after giving the used part a little TLC:
IMG_1736.JPG

And "NO", CruiserParts.net does not employee any Architects from GA....:hillbilly:

Sketchy company. Used to like dealing with Cruiserparts.net even though they forgot to ship items and shipped the wrong items. I liked supporting a small business.

I also did not receive an invoice after purchase. Website is confusing. Quantity is hidden with descriptive text. Ordered what I believed to be 4 fzj80 center caps for $38.00. It turns out the price was for one unit. EBay sells them for $38-50 for four units.

They said they could not price match. Returning it did not make sense because I would pay shipping both ways plus their restocking fee.

I understand that small businesses cannot always have modern and user friendly websites. If only they sent an invoice the order could have been canceled. Paying 4 X the normal price is rediculous. Clearly they do not understand customer service. This will be my last purchase at cruiser parts.net.

people love em or hate em it seems...I am in the latter group...

I've had good and bad with them. Sold my wife a RHD windshield frame once and it was a nightmare getting refunded for it. Took about a month. Bought a used head for way more than I should have and it looked like it came from the titanic. But it wasn't cracked. Cost a fortune to get it rebuilt. I've actually been there and met the owner who's a decent guy. But my god the place is scary. Maybe they've cleaned the place up in the last few years but I doubt it.

I've order a lot of things from them and haven't had any problems. Sorry to hear you had some issues.

I ordered a 4 speed conversion for my '70 FJ40. It arrived after a wait of two to three weeks, was missing a bearing, gear and longer transfer case bolts but they shipped all the missing parts after I supplied a photo of what I did receive. Just purchased a replacement hazard warning switch from them last week and did receive a confirming invoice about the purchase.

I have used them a few times and other than needing to change their on hold music, they have been pleasant to work with.

I noticed the other day that Its changed now

I haven't had any issues with them and have ordered numerous times

Last week I ordered up a pair of Aisin locking hubs and had them overnighted. They showed up the next morning without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom