Cruiserparts.net, anyone else had issues dealing with them lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pedroro60-

I have never joined FB. But now might be the time.

Got a '64, all original, that the family's teenager drove off the edge of Sunshine Canyon in Boulder. Top took the hit but at the end of the ride the front axle took a sideways shot. Camber on right side is out so spindle and/or bearings needs replace (FSM)- maybe axle housing. Thought these guys might be a good place for spindle/axle stuff. The V was 200 so extra on ebay or CL is not a big deal....

Thanks for continuing input- will check FB out.

Just called CruiserParts to check part stock, ask about when will my junk be sent, and what carrier will they be using. Did not get a confirmation once order was placed:meh: but if my junk arrives timely like it should via Priority Mail (2-3 days)they will get good marks!

After tomorrow finger tapping will begin....Monday Im on the phone :rolleyes:

Bought a rebuilt 3FE from them. Came with a cracked seal at the timing belt. Oil leaked out while I drove it 2 miles back to install shop (kids and girlfriend on board in pouring down rain, really no option but to drive it the short distance). Finally got approval to send it back after REPEATED (I can not stress that enough) calls. They claimed it was my mechanic that did not run it at 2000 RPM for hours to seal it up. HUH? Then it was "your mechanic nicked the seal during the install". WTF??? All in all, I finally convinced them to replace the engine (even got into it with the rebuilder located in Texas that actually performed the work). In the end, I ended up paying twice for the labor (pull, install, pull install) and it took a year to resolve. It is hard to find parts when you need them, but I REALLY try to avoid them. This experience was full of BS from start to end and required a lot of strong arming to get them to do the right thing. One guy over there was referring to his Ferrari engine break in time and how we screwed it up. As I was listening to him I kept asking myself "what does this have to do with my current situation?" I have had other orders with them that were OK. The "great looking" parts can be so-so. Talking to the right human can be an absolute run around for days upon days of calling. Customer service is not nearly as hard as they make it look.

My two cents.

I had also a bad experience with Cruiserparts.net the problem with them is. They post parts for sale from their website. But the parts is not in stock. Like i order a wiper motor for my 70 series landcruiser. But what they sent me was a wiper motor for a landcruiser FJ80. And they keep insisting to me that its the same motor and it should fit. I guess they have no idea what their talking about because the motor mounting holes won't align when we measured the holes from my 70. And worst part is they made the mistake, but i was told that i have to pay for the return shipping. I think who ever is the management at cruiserparts.net doesn't care about their customer, they just wan't to make money but no customer service after the sale. This is the second time i have problem with my order from them the first was ordering a 70 series grills and it took them 5 months to ship to me the grill.
I'm never going to buy from them again..

I ordered a down pipe with cat a few weeks ago from them. Got here fast and looks nice.

I have made 2 calls in the last week for a quote on lift, gears and other parts. I was told I would get a call
or an email. No calls or emails. Its piss poor customer service.

A few years ago I ordered some used parts from them and, while they were slow to respond and slow to ship, I got what I ordered eventually.

Recently, I needed a part that is only available used, so I checked their web site and they had it listed. However, if you read their "terms and conditions" document that they make you agree to before you place an order, it is the most obnoxious (and illegal in most states) T&C doc I've ever encountered. It basically says that they will charge your credit card when you submit the order, whether or not they have the product in stock. They then have a bunch of b.s. stating that they cannot guaranty when if or they will ever actually have the part you ordered and go as far as to threaten to ruin your credit rating if you reverse the charge on your credit card after they haven't shipped you the part your ordered!

After reading this load of cr*p, I of course would never order anything from them without assurance that they had the part in stock. So, I sent them an email asking if the part is in stock. Two weeks later and no response whatsoever. After coming across this thread on MUD today, I have crossed them off the list for good.

A few years ago I ordered some used parts from them and, while they were slow to respond and slow to ship, I got what I ordered eventually.

Recently, I needed a part that is only available used, so I checked their web site and they had it listed. However, if you read their "terms and conditions" document that they make you agree to before you place an order, it is the most obnoxious (and illegal in most states) T&C doc I've ever encountered. It basically says that they will charge your credit card when you submit the order, whether or not they have the product in stock. They then have a bunch of b.s. stating that they cannot guaranty when if or they will ever actually have the part you ordered and go as far as to threaten to ruin your credit rating if you reverse the charge on your credit card after they haven't shipped you the part your ordered!

After reading this load of cr*p, I of course would never order anything from them without assurance that they had the part in stock. So, I sent them an email asking if the part is in stock. Two weeks later and no response whatsoever. After coming across this thread on MUD today, I have crossed them off the list for good.

Unbelievable!

I had a similar happening with them.
I ordered a full float rear axle, and I wanted it shipped to an address different from my billing address. They blended the two addresses and sent it there. Luckily they got my phone number right on the drivers paperwork. He called me and we got it straightened out.

I had a large order placed with Cruiser parts and there was a mixup with shipping addresses.
Cruiserparts remedied the problem and gave me a reimbursement.
It truly was excellent customer service.
Getting the orders shipped can take awhile, but just be aware of that while ordering. Just send them an email and see if it's available for quick shipping

I changed my opinion of them to 5 out of 5 stars

I've had good and bad experiences with them. The bad was always handled just fine. But I'll never buy anything from them that I can't go there and pick up. I've actually been to their "new" location in Sullivan and to the original one up at James' dad's place. Both James and his dad (who I don't believe is affiliated with the business at all any longer) seem like decent guys. But I've been in the parts business a long time myself (probably longer than they've been open) and I have never witnessed a more disorganized business.

I have had satisfactory experiences with Cruiserparts.net over the years when buying new parts, but only new parts. Each time I have purchased used parts that are supposedly in "good" or "excellent" condition from them I have been disappointed with what I received, parts were consistently in poor, worn out, rusty condition or half-a$$ "repaired". One example: I purchased a LH drivers side seat bracket for an FJ40, what I received was a rusted out bracket that they had pathetically attempted to weld a patch into; the bracket was not listed on their website as being rusted or "repaired". Another was an rear FZJ80 mud flap, arrived missing mounting tabs. I'm aware that these are small relatively minor and inexpensive parts, but still the crap I received each time has not been close to worth what I paid and what was advertised/listed on their website.

FWIW.

I had a couple dealings with them several years back. Was unimpressed with their lack of communication and overall condition of the used part ordered. I have not went back since and it's been about 4+ years. There are plenty of other reputable used parts dealers who will bend over backwards to get you what you need.

My $0.02

I used them this week as I was having trouble finding cats for my fzj80. I have used them before and had some slow shipping but I wasn't in a rush. This time I needed the parts asap. I called them on Tuesday afternoon at 400pm told them what I needed and that I was in a rush. Didn't pay for expedited shipping or anything. Had the cats and parts show up on Wednesday at about 500 pm. Granted I live 1 state over but I was very pleased. Bought the new aftermarket cats and they look good.

I was amazed as I was a bit nervous with some of the recent feedback.

John

The aftermarket down pipe with cat they sell is great and cheap.

I placed 3 calls with them about parts. Never got back to me.
I say stay away.

Ordered a tailgate for my hundy. Arrived dented, and not as advertised. Horrible experience.

I've had good experience with them in the past, although, you're only as good as your last order.... I won't order again. It's too bad, they have a s**t ton of parts.

Been happy with them so far. I usually talk with a guy named Mike and he's been extremely helpful. I placed an order Saturday and messed something up and had to send an email requesting them to make a correction. They got back to me within 10 minutes, and on Monday called again to make sure the order was right before processing (again, my mistake).

I just hope they survived the world's biggest and most devastating snow storm of all time eternal. The way the News was hyping it up last night, I was afraid all would die (and my next order wouldn't ship out on time)!

Im having a tough time with these guys. Ordered parts on line late December. We exchanged a few emails in the first week. I sent them several emails in January to check status and they dont respond at all.
Called them on 2/6 and spoke to Mike. He told me the part should be ready to send out 2/11.

I really have a problem with a company that has an online store with a checkout process, but no response to email and no proactive communication to let you know there is a delay. I could understand a requirement to call if I had to call them in the first place to make the order.

Yes I know there have been storms in the NE, but this has been ongoing for 2 1/2 months now. I will open a paypal dispute at the end of the week.

20150218_170801.jpg
20150218_170546.jpg
20150218_170525.jpg
More issues with them.
They bombed my order BIG TIME.
I order a Catalytic Converter but they sent me a Catalytic Converter With Integrated Down Pipe.
After emailing them about this issue the contracted the manufacture that drop ships for the correct part. A week later it shows up. They refused expedited shipping on my correct order.
No padding in the package.

At the same time I ordered the cup holder, bolts and gaskets for the exhaust system. They GOT SHIPPED YESTERDAY. 12 DAYS AFTER I ORDERED THE PARTS.
When I placed the order they told me that everything would ship that day. Ya right.

The Catalytic Converter With Integrated Down Pipe welds look like crap too.

Has to be a different vender with good parts at a fair price that can be honest.

Update on my situation. I received an email reply after posting here. Perhaps they are subscribed to the thread? Today I received a UPS ship notification... Hopefully the part is as described.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom