Cruisermatt's 80/62/60 mashup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448300110.907827.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448300127.070145.jpg

The dream.

Aside from the ride comfort and e-lockers what I love most about the FZJ80 frame swap is being able to run the Extra Heavy Duty rear coils....no need for airbags if ya go long range tank & swing out rear bumper.

WORD...!!!!

:beer:
Subbed..!!

I've been wanting to build this truck since I've joined Mud. However planned on building it about five or six years from now.

Well, when an 80 full rolling chassis popped up on Craigslist I couldn't resist. No body or engine to remove or sell or scrap!

Nice!! :)

Got a lift? ;)

Cheers

I have a 2-post at work that I will probably be using for this build. I also have a 4-post at my dad's shop but it will probably only see that lift for maintenance.

Thanks.

So what are my plans? My goal is for this to be a daily-drivable expedition rig.

Here's what I've dreamed up:

-FJ62 body and interior (as clean as possible so I don't have to do any body work)
-LS3 all aluminum.
-4L80e ???
-FJ62 manual converted split-case
- ~2.5" FZJ80 lift
- 35"-ish all terrains

Not breaking any new ground here, nothing new or innovative. Everything I plan on has been done before (I think).

I'll put up a post to every thread that I read (and have already read) for information.

And one other thing: this will be slow. VERY slow.

So the first step is to get it off the trailer. Rolled it up next to the Defender chassis we have outside the shop. It will sit here for awhile.

First goal is to throw some paint and a tarp on it, and pull as many parts unnecessary to it rolling as possible.

I also need to pull the two Tacoma steelies for my FJ62 (one to replace my spare and the other to replace one of mine that's s***ty).

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448316523.178373.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448316533.745738.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448316542.744405.jpg

The dream.

Aside from the ride comfort and e-lockers what I love most about the FZJ80 frame swap is being able to run the Extra Heavy Duty rear coils....no need for airbags if ya go long range tank & swing out rear bumper.

No E-lockers on this truck (it would have been cost prohibitive).

This is all about the ride quality. And for the direction this truck is going it might get a rear ARB if anything at all.
We'll see. Definitely a lot I want to do with my red truck before I put any coin into this one.

No E-lockers on this truck (it would have been cost prohibitive).

This is all about the ride quality. And for the direction this truck is going it might get a rear ARB if anything at all.
We'll see. Definitely a lot I want to do with my red truck before I put any coin into this one.

It's gonna be awesome

Hm....I find the ARB rears bumpers for the 80's and 100's to be redic....it's like a giant piece ikea furniture. 4x4 labs or bust! But nonetheless, I'm sure you'll find the right deal along the way.

It's gonna be awesome

Hm....I find the ARB rears bumpers for the 80's and 100's to be redic....it's like a giant piece ikea furniture. 4x4 labs or bust! But nonetheless, I'm sure you'll find the right deal along the way.

I meant ARB locker... Armor will probably be my own design.

I helped set up a 4.88 ARB on Saturday and would feel comfortable doing my own gears.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448324218.260775.jpg

Auto for this truck :princess:

I want to keep the factory FJ62 shifter.

This should be cool! Subscribed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom