Craigslist Find: BFG KO2's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Less than 3,000 miles. Snagged them for $650. Looking forward to slapping them on. Going TONKA truck white letters out this time. Selling the LC next year and always wanted to try that look on a white 80. Plus, you get a 3-4 mpg increase with letters out, as we all know.

0DF76BBF-678A-461C-A685-66092961793E_zpsmk7d9to1.jpg
1E5903F1-837B-4C12-96CE-604EDD96AB55_zpspuj1k3uh.jpg
6F17BC8C-2C02-4988-9EDD-1A7B56005988_zpszkardlqy.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, that's a great find.

Hope they work out. Seem to get nice reviews. I've never run a KO.

Super hard compound tire. As they get older be cautious in the rain. Useless in mud. Only tire I have ever had side wall punctures in??? Great buy. Congrats

Super hard compound tire. As they get older be cautious in the rain. Useless in mud. Only tire I have ever had side wall punctures in??? Great buy. Congrats
Not exactly a glowing review! Ha.

BFGs with raised white letters look great on white cruisers.

Glad to hear it. I'll post some pics when I get them installed.

The KO2 is widely reputed to be a great all around AT tire. Useless in mud? That's not what I'm hearing.

They are worthless in mud but are a great tire for a truck that sees less than 5% of its life off pavement

The KO2 is widely reputed to be a great all around AT tire. Useless in mud? That's not what I'm hearing.
I hear it a lot from people that hated the original ko and dismiss the ko2s as the same. I have them on my Silverado and I don't really take it anywhere muddy, but they've been phenomenal in snow and ice. I've also only had them for a month, so I'll just have to see what they're like in spring thaw.

I think this is purely a matter of subjectivity.

No, they aren't "mud" tires. But true mudders are less than worthless in snow and ice.

Their reputation is excellent for sidewall strength and long wearing. They are a terrific expedition tires. Quickly becoming "the standard" in many circles.

I got GGAT2s because they were reputed to have even better snow and ice capabilities, which I believe, having spent the winter in the Bavarian mountains, and are cheaper than KO2s, with similar characteristics albeit with weaker sidewalls than the KO2s.

I don't see any duratrac owners bashing sidewall strength :D

Less than 3,000 miles. Snagged them for $650. Looking forward to slapping them on. Going TONKA truck white letters out this time. Selling the LC next year and always wanted to try that look on a white 80. Plus, you get a 3-4 mpg increase with letters out, as we all know.

0DF76BBF-678A-461C-A685-66092961793E_zpsmk7d9to1.jpg
1E5903F1-837B-4C12-96CE-604EDD96AB55_zpspuj1k3uh.jpg
6F17BC8C-2C02-4988-9EDD-1A7B56005988_zpszkardlqy.jpg
That is a great find. I don't care what others say, these are good tires. But....

If you put the white letters out I will report you.:flipoff2:

I have both the Ko and KO2.

KO sucks in mud, rain, ice and snow and is decent on dry trails. I would rate them about a 5/10 most of that can be attributed to their fairly long life.

KO2 sucks less in mud (probably just because they are newer), does decently well in rain, pretty darn good on snow and great on dry trails. I would rate the KO2's a strong 7/10 so far.

They massively improved the tire, it is still an AT and won't clear mud or snow like duratracs or a dedicated MT will but thats not what they are. Good buy.

I've had both KOs and KO2s and there's no comparison between the two. The original KO tires were garbage in my opinion. Unbalanced and a very hard rubber. I've got 20k miles on my 315 KO2s now with a lot of those being off hwy, I love them, still balanced, tons of traction, great on snow and ice and they're quite. Definitely planning on another set when the time comes. Oh, and the sidewalls are bitch'n! ;)
Good cl find!
image.jpeg

+20 horsepower too

Good to know. I want a nice highway ride. 2500-mile Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa road trip coming up in May out of central-Missouri.
:steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom