Cracked Head 1FZFE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, I'm new to this forum and to 4WDing, I have a 95 1FZFE which has a cracked head. It'd been replaced by the previous owner, who went cheap and bought a Chinese one. Just wanting to know if there are particular brands / sellers who sell decent heads in Australia.

Yea, there is a great company called Toyota that I think still makes these heads. Not sure about Australian availability though.

hey guys, I'm new to this forum and to 4WDing, I have a 95 1FZFE which has a cracked head. It'd been replaced by the previous owner, who went cheap and bought a Chinese one. Just wanting to know if there are particular brands / sellers who sell decent heads in Australia.

I would put a used toyota head instead of a new chinese one.

I understand. I am saying that a used, good condition Toyota head would be preferable to any aftermarket alternative. I'm not aware of anyone making good heads, I looked around quite a bit while I was doing my rebuild and decided that a used head in good condition and overhauled with new valves, guides and machine work was the best option, at least for me.

Just call All Head Services..they can sell you a change over one that's been fully reconditioned on an exchange basis.
They are in Melbourne but have warehouses all over the country & it will suit LPG.

I would put a used toyota head instead of a new chinese one.
Totally agree. Stay away from aftermarket. All made in china. Find a good used toyota head or new genuine if you can afford it.

As the old saying goes, Buy Once, Cry once

Not really interested in used.
I have a price from Toyota and will go there if I cant find a decent aftermarket one.
My local engine re-builder has suggested an aftermarket head made in Europe, as the 1fz's with original heads hes seen have all had cracks in the same spot (intake side of #1 spark plug) - possible weak spot on construction.
Still waiting on a price to compare with the genuine one.

Not really interested in used.
I have a price from Toyota and will go there if I cant find a decent aftermarket one.
My local engine re-builder has suggested an aftermarket head made in Europe, as the 1fz's with original heads hes seen have all had cracks in the same spot (intake side of #1 spark plug) - possible weak spot on construction.
Still waiting on a price to compare with the genuine one.
That's strange about the crack area. I have never heard of that crack in any US heads, and guys here are doing gaskets like crazy because all the 80's are crossing the 200,000 mile mark and getting it for PM (or because it blew, for the unfortunate). It may be worth double checking that advice as I doubt anyone has a head that compares in development and quality to the Toyota head. Good luck either way.

That's strange about the crack area. I have never heard of that crack in any US heads, and guys here are doing gaskets like crazy because all the 80's are crossing the 200,000 mile mark and getting it for PM (or because it blew, for the unfortunate). It may be worth double checking that advice as I doubt anyone has a head that compares in development and quality to the Toyota head. Good luck either way.
Yeah maybe he's short on work at the moment and just felt like cracking the head for me. I'll be doing as much research as I can as I dont want to have to take it apart again, so if the general consensus is genuine, thats the way I'll go.
Would be good to hear from anyone who has had an aftermarket head put on and their experiences short and long term.

x2

I've read many a HG thread on here, and have come across warped comments, but not cracked. Not saying it is not an issue, just surprised I guess. Probably more surprised that there is any kind of a non-Toyota re-pop of a an entire head. Seems like a pretty small market, unless the commercial use of this motor is much larger than I understand.

Didn't Toyota use this same block and head in forklifts and such?

Might explain the demand...

Wonder if non-US fuels may have something to do with the head issue, since we don't seem to be cracking them here and the climate is not all that different?

yeah here's the crack. its next to the head bolt on the intake side before the first spark plug.

WP_20151016_16_32_33_Pro_LI (2).jpg

Doesn't look like a crack to me? Looks like a casting web, doesn't look to extend across the machined area and if it were a crack, it should. I would have it dye checked.

This is the Chinese Aftermarket Head though...??? Not a OEM Toyota head...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom