CR2032 battery works in place of CR2025 battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just replaced the battery in my clicker today, apparently it must have been stuck down in my pocket, light still came on, but dimly. Anyway, the original battery is a CR2025, I have a host of CR2032 batteries laying around here, it is about 60% thicker, but the clicker still closes fine and all that. Since it's larger, undoubtedly has a higher amp/hour rating, and therefore should last longer. Not a huge deal, but if you're buying one, I'd get a 2032 instead of the 2025, since they'll probably be the same price to buy, and you can be a rebel and go against 'The Man'. Hahaha :)

Oh, both batteries are 3-volt, so no problems there.

Later...
Mark Brodis

It sounds to me like you need to do the dual battery tray set-up. ::)

eh, what's the FCC code on the "official" Toy alarm and door remote?
thanks
Eric

BAB237131-022

>>what's the FCC code on the "official" Toy alarm and door remote<<

Eric - Why would anyone care about the FCC code? I don't get it. Is this something you note down and store with your important papers ???

the FCC code tells you all you need to know to order a remote. If you find a clone with the same FFC code, it should work, I'm told.
Plus, I'm wondering if my alarm is original or not...
thanks
Eric

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=14878;start=msg139831#msg139831 date=1082064608]
BAB237131-022
[/quote]

FYI, my Lexus remote for my '97 has the number:
FCC ID:BAB237131-032 (one number change from the above posted one)

Maybe that FCC number is a spec number, that it complies with that rule or something, so any other remote with that same number is transmitting on the same frequency, same signaling (pulse this long means unlock, etc). I haven't played around with mine on a spectrum analyzer to see what actual frequency it's sending, or if spread spectrum hopping or something..but since it's about 13" from me...and it's friday... :D I think I will...I'll post if I discover something cool, like if you point the Toyota clicker at the TV it switches to MTV, or turns the microwave on remotely. :D

thanks Dan and Mab for the numbers
sadly, mine is different...

yes, if you want to buy a spare remote for many things, you can just call one of the big online clone remote places, tell them the FCC ID and you're set...
E

No MTV or remote microwave... :(

Transmitter transmits on about 303.864 Mhz, signal peaks there and is spread out in about a 5 Khz range on each side...

Apparently (and I'm no expert here), the remote comes in 2 colors with that same FCC code - grey and black. My original black remote was busted, so I ordered a gray one off eBay. It didn't work with my truck. I saw some other places on the web where people were making an issue of black vs. grey. Maybe it's all bull, but just to be safe, I'd try to buy one that is the same color as the original. Maybe the FCC code is the same, but something else is different enough that they aren't interchangable?

(Happy ending - I just switched the innards from my black remote into the grey casing and now I have a working remote that isn't falling apart.)

maybe it had to be programmed?
E

I did some more research. Evidently the grey remotes will not work with an alarm that was made prior to 1998 (so for any 80 series). The black and grey are different and only the black remote works with our 80's alarms.

E- Well, it was the programming that was the problem. The alarm wouldn't recognize it in order to get it programmed. I repeated the programming process with the innards from my old black remote and it recognized it just fine.

As observed above there are two versons of the remote. 08191-00870 and 08191-00871. The 08191-00870 has a very dark, almost black, case. The 08191-00871 has a lighter grey case.
The 08191-00870 is the earlier version and will work with all years up to about 2000 when the design was changed and a third button was added to the back. The 08191-00871 WILL NOT work on 97 and prior years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom