Couple Questions on my LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking into selling my LX450, unfortunately I don't know too much about them. I was curious how to tell if my Vehicle has lockers, as well how do I activate 4 wheel drive. Here are some photos of my Dash Board. Vehicle is in rough shape, any other help in selling this would be much appreciated. I posted in Vehicles Classified but haven't gotten much of a response.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

no factory lockers. you do have a CDL switch so probably the 7 pin mod has been done. your 4wd is always active. thats the nature of the fj80. your only choice is hi or lo for the transfer case.

ok, knowing that. Vehicle has low 190k miles, doesn't burn oil. Real rough shape cosmetically. How much should I be asking roughly? Some photos should be at Imgur

I am sure someone with more knowledgeable will chime in but from the pictures you do not have switch that is needed to engage the factory front and rear lockers which means if someone has not installed aftermarket lockers you probably do not have any differential lockers. You do have the center diff lock switch tho.

All the US 80 series Land Cruisers are full time four wheel drive you do not need to "activate" the four wheel drive. The only controls you have are the "high" and "low" selector and the center diff lock. Normal driving is in "high" and center diff lock off. Next is High with center diff lock on, this locks the front wheels to the rear changing the vehicle from a car like all wheel drive to a truck like four wheel drive and should only be used in slippery conditions like dirt and snow, activating the Center diff lock will also shut off your ABS. Lastly is "low" you have to stop the vehicle and put in neutral to switch from "high" to "low" and in this condition you cannot go very fast, it is for off road use only. You can use "low" with or without the center diff lock engaged.

Thats the quick and dirty answer at least.

You are not going to like what the experts are going to say about value. Ugliest color possible but it's a wash since it's an LX.

It seems like nearly every body panel is either physically damaged or paint damaged.

Interior leather is abused and doesn't seem to match the miles which makes me think it's been sitting outdoors its entire life.

No lockers but that's not really a huge hindrance since a lunchbox is a couple hours and a couple hundred.

Engine bay looks ok with nothing obviously out of place which is good. But an unknown PO history, on a truck this abused, will be suspect.

This would be a $1500 to $2500 (on the high side) example.

But wait for one of the experts to chime in to give you a better estimate/range.

Very LOW...! 500. Its a mess. Plus Rust.

personally i would give you 1500 for it and that is only because i have an LX parts rig i could use to fix it up a bit.

Sell the sunvisors seperate of the 80, that should double your income. (Semi - truth)

i was also going to say ~2k

is there a post where I can find what is valuable on the vehicle as opposed to what isnt? Or should I just part it out and make more money over time?

well as someone who is parting out a 96 LX450 right now...

unless you have plenty of time and locked axles (you dont) you will not be making much money. the parts that are worth good money are messed up on your truck so you are kinda stuck selling it for whatever you can get.

why not just keep it?

Looking to go towards a Vehicle, from what I've read I'd hate the run these somehwat-wanted vehicle into the ground, don't have time to fix it up either.

this isnt a fixer upper, this is a trail buggy base

Yup. This!! Lift it & hang some taller rubber on it and then wheel the snot out of if. With that mileage on it, it should last a long time on the trail. John

Yup. This!! Lift it & hang some taller rubber on it and then wheel the snot out of if. With that mileage on it, it should last a long time on the trail. John

This^^^

Here, a solid wheeling rig, like a FZJ80, is worth ~$4-5K. Those who intend to wheel them are more concerned about reliability than cosmetics, it is going to get tons of pinstripe, etc, so :meh:. But it is the wrong color for here (hot) and rust :eek: we don't do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom