cost of a new venezuelan 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Simon,

I doubt very much that Toyota proper would do that. The main reason being they would then be "obligated" to provide service parts and warranty coverage for what ammounts to a one-of-a-kind vehicle. Certainly not the most cost effective way to run a business.

Dan, you may be right about warranty but, as an example, I know VW did it in Germany and may still do it. You can buy a US spec car "for export" and take delivery there, drive around Europe for your holiday and then ship it home. I know people who bought westfalias and a cabriolet that way back in the 80's. Plus if you ordered it FOB a dock in Japan, Toyota would not even know where it was going.

Simon,

Agreed, you did say the magic word there. "US export car".

Certainly not the case with a 105. :'(

I doubt there's any way to get that done without "ho-ne" (that means 'special connections' in Japanese :) ) I'll try to ask my in-laws when I go to Japan later this summer, as I'd be willing to pay $38K USD for a '03 US-spec 100 w/ turbo diesel and diff lock, too.

Dan, ok you got me but surely I can order it to any spec I want if I take delivery in Japan (Maybe I'll order it to Burkino Faso specs). If the spec is close to US spec then I get

Jim, I'm not so sure it will be that hard. There may be a lot of "one off" landcruiser orders for expeditions, mining, etc..

[quote author=billmiranda link=board=2;threadid=1582;start=0#msg26927 date=1058298703]
regards,
William Miranda
TLCA#7390
[/quote]
Crap. This forum is going down hill quickly if Miranda finally found it. :flipoff2: :D

Dropped out your stuff today Bill. ;)

landcruiser orders for expeditions, mining, etc..
Toyota Australia have never Imported Landcruiser into Australa, All Landcruisers Imported into Australian have been Imported by a Mining Company(Can't remember the name).

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=2;threadid=1582;start=0#msg27337 date=1058404723]
Toyota Australia have never Imported Landcruiser into Australa, All Landcruisers Imported into Australian have been Imported by a Mining Company(Can't remember the name).
[/quote]

Whaaaa? I don't get it?

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=2;threadid=1582;start=0#msg27337 date=1058404723]
[/quote]
The mining company was Thiess and they were working on the Snowy River project at the time. ;) Then Toyota Australia took them over sometime around 1975-1977. :flipoff2: :eek: :D

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=1582;start=0#msg27327 date=1058403701]
Crap. This forum is going down hill quickly if Miranda finally found it.
thefinger.gif
:D

Dropped out your stuff today Bill. ;)
[/quote]

Actually,.. sent my name in to join before the list ever started... just have't gotten any mailings from them since (last year some time). Then again,.. I also couldn't remember my username/PW.

Thanks for sending the stuff out.

All:

I'll get some pics of our parking lot next time it's full. It's real purdy!

William Miranda
TLCA#7390

OK, since my old post got lost in the construction....

The "easy" way to get the look of a SA 80 series is to buy a set of BMT's 4500 EFI Twin Cam, stock Toyota decals for the rear fenders, then add a set of side marker lights!

Save the $38,000! (No diesel, though... :'( )

...actually the decals look pretty good, IMHO...

-H-

The mining company was Thiess and they were working on the Snowy River project at the time. Then Toyota Australia took them over sometime around 1975-1977.
Theiss are still the Importers and Distributors. There is a good write up about it in the Book 'Australian Off-Road Year 1984-85'. :D The best thing about is that when you order Parts, If you don't get them within 24 hours you get them free. 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom