Cooling issues 327 SBC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Anyone know why i am running at 230 under no real load electric fan is working thermostat has been replaced with a 180 and I am running water wetter and it still runs up to 230?? Timing seems to be right it runs well..... Is the radiator just too small??

just out of curiosity how much air is that electric fan supposed to be pulling n whats it out of or is it store bought ? also Keith,Shawn or Mark could prolly give you a better idea of whats goin on

It's a summit fan not real sure I did just order an aluminum shroud at Keith's suggestion to help!

that should help but if your fan isnt pulling enough air you will still have problems you might wanna check and see just how much air that fan you bought is supposed to be pulling i dont really think your radiator is to small by the looks of it in the pics. that being said is that a 3 or 4 core radiator ? if it's 4 core you should be good there. i would take a serious look at your fan spec's and depending on what they are look at going with a fan that pulls as much air as you can get. but like i said Keith , Shawn , or Mark can prolly answer this better than i can i know cars fairly well but with the v8 mod in the cruisers there is things i dont know

Stupid question but are you sure you have purged all of the air out of the system?

Made brackets and put a spare taurus fan (thanks Fallon Dan) In it thursday and it fixed the cooling problems,

Shane ordered a new one, if anyone wants pix I will take some when we swap it out for the new one... turned out good, the fan he had didn't move alot of air..even with a shroud it would have been marginal... BTW nice truck Shane... very cleanly done..

Thank for all your help Ray I look forward to getting the new fan in there. I spent some time this week wire looming what I foul and replacing header flange bolts. I still need to purchase the heavier gauge alternator wire and some rod to make the radiator support but we are making progress with any kind of luck Barney Riley will be a possibility.

Glad to hear you figured it out!!

Yw Ray) thats what i was thinkin the problem was is the fan he had wasnt pullin enough air. Well right on glad you go it fixed it will all come together just keep doin what your doin and it will all come together for ya.

Dan

Ya fan wasn't pulling enough air this replacement seems to pull twice the air of the previous. Running temp is 10-12 degrees lower and I'm sure will get better as the motor breaks in

Well thats great about the new fan and the motor running cooler. My 2005 truck has the 327 or there abouts and it runs at 250 all the time. So it sounds like your in the ballpark. Everything else going well? Need an update.

Ya fan wasn't pulling enough air this replacement seems to pull twice the air of the previous. Running temp is 10-12 degrees lower and I'm sure will get better as the motor breaks in

Lol... Wait... I thought that the rad and fan were "more than enough" for that motor as it was??

Shane has some tuning issues with the fuel injection, its running really rich, to get it to idle clean we had to up the timing, (the reason its still a little hot) Shane has leaned it out some and its better, idle and off idle is great, once he gets the fuel injection to work properly it should be fine, (from what I read while stuck over here today the TPS needs to be readjusted) but he has been busy and traveling, and I have been trying to get my fj40 done...

You nailed it Rayjon! and I keep messing with ECU to try and get it closer and have now made it worse! lol. Cooling issue is better but still running warmer than I would like. She is happy under 2500 rpm but sustained driving over that it creeps up around 230 at that point i generally slow it down and let it cool itself. I have had zero time to do anything with it and am concerned that the summer is slipping away. I will be in town for a few days next week. Maybe we can get together and swap one more labor! Keith, Dan if either of you have some thoughts I'm open to all suggestions I'm almost to the point of taking it somewhere....ugh!:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom