Considering of going to the Dark Side.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Should be pretty close to the Valk in weight and power then. What I've noticed from racing VTXs is that those big twins don't spin up near as fast.

Did you have to upgrade your valve springs with the cams? Sounds like not if you got them installed in a day.

Honda VTXs? I was looking at them a while back. They look like a nice bike.

The wife has a 1300, the same motor they used on their entire new cruiser line. It's a nice bike. I just hate narrow angle V twins, especially ones with fake fins.

The 1800s are disco-ed. They made about 100 hp and 100 lbs/ft, but the Valk will smoke 'em.

Should be pretty close to the Valk in weight and power then. What I've noticed from racing VTXs is that those big twins don't spin up near as fast.

Did you have to upgrade your valve springs with the cams? Sounds like not if you got them installed in a day.

Only a slight increase in lift (@ .420) but duration is significantly longer. The cams were designed to be a direct swap and it being an overhead cam engine made it super easy. They completely woke up the bike. Big difference above 2500 rpm. Pulls like a damn freight train now! If I went with a higher lift (.495) I'd need higher compression springs, and a different cam carrier.

I just need to solve a minor fuel issue with my fuel controller. I'm getting a decel pop in higher gears. I'll call my tuner tomorrow and see what he says.

So far the CT is loads better than the Dunlop E3 I was running. The only difference I can tell right now is low speed cornering. It needs a bit more input but other than that I'm pretty confident with it. I'll be riding all week an give you all a better idea on the differences.

Put 100 miles on today and the only difference is that I need a little more steering input than the MT. It handled curves quite well at speed and even handled gravel corners a lot better. This week is supposed to be perfect riding weather so a lot more miles will be added.

PhilC64 said:
Put 100 miles on today and the only difference is that I need a little more steering input than the MT. It handled curves quite well at speed and even handled gravel corners a lot better. This week is supposed to be perfect riding weather so a lot more miles will be added.

The biggest thing is off camber. Turning around in a driveway is tough and it'll sneak up on you. You'll pull into a gas station or something and try to turn on an incline and it'll turn you hard to the inside of the corner. You won't be counter steering because of the low speed, so it'll try to dump you.

I had that happen already but otherwise I am digging it immensely! Put a few hundred more miles on this last weekend and think I found the right tire pressure. All in all, I'm quite happy with my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom