Compare 100 series with GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
They are very close in size and weight. Anyone know if the frame and suspension parts are close in durability and quality? I like the size of my 100 series and don't need anything as large as a 200 series. But I want a body on frame and I want Lexus quality but I also want it to be good for 300-400k with just normal maintance. Anyone have any factory info that can enlighten us?

I will probably choose 200 series because of tailgate.

I can't stand the new bumper, it's absolutely hideous. There are some bells and whistles that seem really cool, if you're into that sort of thing.

New bumper on the '14 is horrible.

150 gets a good amount better fuel mileage than even my stock 100. Power is nice, 6 speed is great. In terms of a DD vehicle the 460 has definitely more appeal. Miss the tailgate but that was known, still better than the trunk of the LS.

Let me know what specifically you want to compare, I've had a 100 for 13+ years and have been driving the GX daily for the last month.

image-3757752713.jpg

image-2994997230.jpg

New bumper on the '14 is horrible.

150 gets a good amount better fuel mileage than even my stock 100. Power is nice, 6 speed is great. In terms of a DD vehicle the 460 has definitely more appeal. Miss the tailgate but that was known, still better than the trunk of the LS.

Let me know what specifically you want to compare, I've had a 100 for 13+ years and have been driving the GX daily for the last month.

Do you think it would be a good replacement for my 100 in a few years? Want dependable body on frame size of My 100 limited off road.

For only mild off-pavement, I'd replace the 100. It makes for a great daily driver. Been driving up and over 10,000ft passes without any issue passing at 65mph. Sound system rocks, seats are far more comfortable, wheel is heated(I know I know you're in Vegas) and I get noticeably better fuel mileage than even the stock 2005 LX.

Perhaps with a slightly tougher tire and one inch taller over the 30.5s I wouldn't hesitate to drive it on almost all of the trails in the San Juans and I'd even take it on the easier Moab trails.

I like it and really I don't feel like driving the 100 anymore, but that's the real utility vehicle. In the LX even with a fridge replacing my 40 split seat, a subwoofer and a full drawer system I seem to have more space than the GX.

For most I'd say for a daily vehicle the new GX can hold its place if you are looking for something trim compared to the overblown LX570/LC200. If you have a bigger family or want to wheel/go camping a lot, etc....go with a late 100, and dump the savings into mods.

For me, currently a 100 is tough to beat so I plan to keep at least one of the 100s and the 150 for quite a long time to come.

For only mild off-pavement, I'd replace the 100. It makes for a great daily driver. Been driving up and over 10,000ft passes without any issue passing at 65mph. Sound system rocks, seats are far more comfortable, wheel is heated(I know I know you're in Vegas) and I get noticeably better fuel mileage than even the stock 2005 LX.

Perhaps with a slightly tougher tire and one inch taller over the 30.5s I wouldn't hesitate to drive it on almost all of the trails in the San Juans and I'd even take it on the easier Moab trails.

I like it and really I don't feel like driving the 100 anymore, but that's the real utility vehicle. In the LX even with a fridge replacing my 40 split seat, a subwoofer and a full drawer system I seem to have more space than the GX.

For most I'd say for a daily vehicle the new GX can hold its place if you are looking for something trim compared to the overblown LX570/LC200. If you have a bigger family or want to wheel/go camping a lot, etc....go with a late 100, and dump the savings into mods.

For me, currently a 100 is tough to beat so I plan to keep at least one of the 100s and the 150 for quite a long time to come.

Thanks good info. Looks like in another 50k miles I will replace the 100 with a GX, seems like a good fit since I love the size and dependability of my 100 series. I just hope in a couple of years Slee makes step rock sliders for the GX460 with the KDSS system.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm thinking of trading my 04 LX470 for a GX460 and would like to know if you made the switch. If so, thoughts? I really like my LX, but the amount of miles that I drive annually (40-50k) I tend to trade cars every 12 to 16 months. The GX's are more readily available vs a 100 or 200. I wouldn't have to travel very far to find a good used GX. Not true with a 100.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm thinking of trading my 04 LX470 for a GX460 and would like to know if you made the switch. If so, thoughts? I really like my LX, but the amount of miles that I drive annually (40-50k) I tend to trade cars every 12 to 16 months. The GX's are more readily available vs a 100 or 200. I wouldn't have to travel very far to find a good used GX. Not true with a 100.

I did not. Sounds like for your purposes the GX would be a great fit. I did buy a LX570 and felt I was driving a Bentley. It just felt big and soft. I would replace my LX470 with a GX if I can ever wear it out

I did not. Sounds like for your purposes the GX would be a great fit. I did buy a LX570 and felt I was driving a Bentley. It just felt big and soft. I would replace my LX470 with a GX if I can ever wear it out
Thanks for the reply. I'd love to go to an early year 200 but they just aren't that easy to find in my area. I believe that if I put some KO2s and a roof rack I'll be happy with a GX. But will miss the tailgate. Thanks again.

Just wanted to chime in and say I think the GX is a perfect size as well. More wieldy, so to speak.

I do like the pre-Predator grille style, but the current style isn't as bad as it's made out to be, IMO.

Not sure it helps but a few weeks back I had my 60k mike service done on my 13’ LX570 and the dealer gave me a 17’ GX 470 Friday-Tuesday as a loaner. Honistly it is a nice vehicle. It is slightly smaller, drives sportier, and the 2nd row is smaller and not as nice. my only complaint would be the rear barn door is strange and would take some getting used to. I took it off-road to a fossil hunting spot we know that is pretty technical to get to (mostly modded wranglers and side by sides back there) and even with the stock tires did great!

if I didn’t need to tow my 7000k camper I would be happy with a GX all day long.

I've really been eyeing the 10-13' 460s and the 100s kept creeping into the back of my head. I don't see it being a good daily driver, and went and sat in a 16' 4R Trail Premium earlier, now that whole issue is back.

I've really been eyeing the 10-13' 460s and the 100s kept creeping into the back of my head. I don't see it being a good daily driver, and went and sat in a 16' 4R Trail Premium earlier, now that whole issue is back.

I drive a 100 and my wife drives a 12 4Runner limited. I find the 100 to be much more comfortable. I like the 4Runner but it feels cramped. For some reason GX seem roomier. I don't know why. The seats in the GX are much softer than the seats in our top trim 4Runner. I've been mulling trading the 4Runner on a Lexus.

Yes, despite better aftermarket options for now, I can get much more for less on a GX460 than a 4R, like same mileage for example up to 60k miles, 4Rs start at 29k, I can find GX460s for 24k and up; looking nationwide for broad perspective. Even a CPO 460 with hardly any miles for say 32-33k is less and much more value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom