Colorado 200 Trail Club Runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The club is running Red Cone Sunday. I haven't decided yet if I am going, leaning that way though. It is a fun trail and the view on the top is spectacular. Coming back Webster can be very tight.

Red Cone 9/10 or 9/11? - Rising Sun Member Forums

Anyone is welcome to join any club runs and you never have to join the club. We are pretty open about it

How gnarly would this be in a stock 200? I have done trails before and am wise about tire placement etc but the truck is completely stock. Thoughts? Thanks.

Edit: read the Trail Damage description - sounds as though if we take the bypasses around the big rocks, this might be doable even on stock rubber? Would throwing the 285/70/17 BFGs on tomorrow make a huge difference? Thanks again.

Last edited:
You can do this trail in a stock rig. There are a few spots though that you could also experience some scrapes to your bumpers. One going up the trail to the meadow
R1.JPG

Then a spot above the Meadow. The meadow is a huge flat grassy area we generally eat lunch at before taking the hill up to the top
R2.JPG

And coming back via Webster Pass is very tight at a couple of spots.

WEe have wheeled with stock rigs on this trail that have not experienced damage. Thats not the same thing as saying you won't get damage

KO2s and Rock Warriors mounted today, hopefully this gives us an incremental bit of clearance and better purchase than the P-rated Dunlops that it came with. We are excited to come out and meet folks tomorrow while being safe and having fun!

cNn8Q5zh.jpg

Getting the stuff I need to do done so looking like I will make it as well

Good run up Red Cone with Tremek(Dave) and the club. I also need to change something I stated earlier. At the Y above the Meadow the easier path is to the right not the left. The majority of us went to the right. The guys who went left said it gets a bit tippy in spots and they can see why the 60 series rolled a few weeks ago

rc1.JPG
RC3.JPG
RC4.JPG
RC9.JPG

RC7.JPG

Romer, it was great meeting you and everyone else I spoke with - what a blast that run was! Thank you for being so kind to my family, and also to run ahead of me so I could follow your line.

Even our stock LC did very well by my estimate and today further encourages us to look into armoring it up for future shenanigans.

Great day, thanks again and looking forward to many more great days in the future!

For a visual (And more 200 shots) This is the sport where you turn RIGHT for the less hairy path on the trail

attachment.php

a couple more pics from the trail report (All Pics here from Andy Lewin)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

dude you have that thing dialed in pretty good....i enjoy your vids

Cool. You have that running really well and it gives a great perspective of the trail.

Came across this video of our trip up there a few weeks back.

OK, that settled it... Phantom 4 is on mah official GOTTAGITIT list...! So cool how it can fly all over the place while focused on the target. Would be AWESOME on a mountain-bike down-hill run! Will be a while before I can actually bike...BUT...that thing is just plain SWEET.

Thanks for posting. Keep em coming!

Markupoop

It wasnt a 200 run. Do 5 40's equal a 200 :D Just another choice for a close trail, some challenging spots and a great lunch spot, Bill Moore lake above Empire. We could do a 200 run there.

IMG_0070.jpg
IMG_0073.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg

200 run up there sounds great! Those 40s are beautiful.

I need to get up there again before the snow starts flying. Looks like you guys had a fun time!

The lower part of that trail has gotten pretty rutted and washed out in the past 5 years or so. Great place to test the articulation of your rig.

Anyone doing anything this weekend? I see the Rising Sun guys planning a Kingston Peak run but I'm unsure whether any 200 folks will be up there, and also whether the stock LC can do it. :)

Kingston peak is much easier than Red Cone, you would be fine. I am not sure what I am doing. Have some projects around the house I may want to get done, but you never know :D

I think we're in - you should make it out too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom