Colorado 200 Trail Club Runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My buddy Dave (in a 4runner) and I.

Last edited:
It might just be me. I think the family is a bit "wheeled out" from this summer. I still have to get to work on my truck (oil change and some minor repairs such as my shock mount) before this weekend.

Sorry, not this trip. Busy weekend

Here's the 5 trucks at the same obstacle on Pole Hill Trail. Fun run for a Sunday!

@kevinfoutch

Dave's 4Runner TRD Pro

@RockdogAdventures

@codyaustin5

@Romer

IMG_2693.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_2747.JPG

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

Fun day. Thanks Cody for setting it up

p1.JPG
P2.JPG
P3.JPG
P4.JPG

P5.JPG

Couple more with a nice view of Estes Park

P6.JPG
P7.JPG

That looks great! My wife and I started up Pole Hill in our LR4 last Summer. But being inexperienced and not having a spotter we were going so slow we abandoned the idea after about an hour and went elsewhere. My wife is definitely not in to all the shake, rattle and roll of rocky trails like this. She claims it is much harder for her because I can brace myself with the steering wheel. ;)

That looks great! My wife and I started up Pole Hill in our LR4 last Summer. But being inexperienced and not having a spotter we were going so slow we abandoned the idea after about an hour and went elsewhere. My wife is definitely not in to all the shake, rattle and roll of rocky trails like this. She claims it is much harder for her because I can brace myself with the steering wheel. ;)
My wife is the same way

I will be in San Diego on the 21st, darn it. Guns N' Roses concert on the 22nd in San Diego. :rimshot:

A high school pal of mine here in San Diego told me Axle Rose had a hard time breathing by the 3rd song. True?

Sounds good, I'm planning to be there! Unrelated, my family and I ran Red Cone this past weekend and it was absolutely BRUTAL. The trail to the top of Red Cone is extremely rocky and has a lot of huge--and unavoidable-- boulders and rock gardens. I scraped and dragged the Canyonero to the top, but it was not pretty. A post-trail evaluation of my truck shows major scrapes from my sliders to ARB skid plates, shock mounts, rear differential, rear trailing arms and bumpers. The view really was incredible, but the nature of the trail sort of overshadowed the view at the top. Driving back down we took Webster Pass. The road coming down Webster Pass was narrower and sketchier than anything in Ouray. In short, I do not recommend these trails in a 200. My trail book was pretty mis-leading. It said Red Cone is difficult because of the drop off from the top and steep hill down (both of which were no big deal, at all-I could have driven my minivan down that). The book also rated Webster Pass as intermediate - and while that is mostly accurate, the washed out--and seemingly hastily repaired--shelf road was maybe 2 inches wider than my truck. Just a heads up if anyone is thinking about taking their rig on this trail.

Man...I wanna move. Weather...shmeather... You can have San Diego. I want the Rockies...

I hear you. I need to go to San Diego on business a few times each year. I love the ocean and there are some cool places to see. But everywhere you go you have a million people who want to be there, too. Too many people for me.

A high school pal of mine here in San Diego told me Axle Rose had a hard time breathing by the 3rd song. True?

What?! Third song was Welcome To The Jungle and Axl hit it out of the park. Honestly, Axl and the rest of G'N'R absolutely killed it. They were rehearsed, professional and stunningly polished (especially if you know their history as a band of basically being the opposite!)

2016 August San Diego GnR trip - Greg Weik

What?! Third song was Welcome To The Jungle and Axl hit it out of the park. Honestly, Axl and the rest of G'N'R absolutely killed it. They were rehearsed, professional and stunningly polished (especially if you know their history as a band of basically being the opposite!)

2016 August San Diego GnR trip - Greg Weik

Glad to hear that! That's why I asked... Was hoping he was exaggerating... :)

You just inspired me to pull out me earbuds and throw some Appetite for Destruction on in me hospital bed!!
:grinpimp::hillbilly::clap::bang::deadhorse: (emoji's are supposed to be G&R band... I know I know..)

Anyone is free to post a trail and date they want to do....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom