Colorado 200 Trail Club Runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.landcruiserdc.com
Thought we could start organizing and posting trail runs here for those of us locally. Hopefully we can hit a few trails this fall before the snow comes.

Post up a proposed date/time/trail you want to do. I was thinking about Pole Hill in the near future.

Pole Hill

@Canyonero @kevinfoutch @RockdogAdventures @sleeoffroad @Angelo1 sorry if I missed anyone else locally but feel free to post up if interested.

I'll be joining this esteemed club next week when our 200 gets here. :) Very interested to meet the local group and also do some of these trails. Reading Trail Damage's rating system, Would you agree that a 100% stock 200 could likely make it through without damage?

Thought we could start organizing and posting trail runs here for those of us locally. Hopefully we can hit a few trails this fall before the snow comes.

Post up a proposed date/time/trail you want to do. I was thinking about Pole Hill in the near future.

Pole Hill

@Canyonero @kevinfoutch @RockdogAdventures @sleeoffroad @Angelo1 sorry if I missed anyone else locally but feel free to post up if interested.

I'm Down! Looks like fun! Whenever everyone is available-unless I'm coaching soccer (Sunday's are best for me)

ahhh heeeemm They forget me so soon

You know there is a local Land Cruiser Club and we do runs all the time. Christo and I are both members of Rising Sun. Jackson Philby in the club also just bought a 200

Rising Sun Member Forums - Powered by vBulletin

If you want to do Ouray again, we are going there over labor Day. I tend to wheel with my daughters with our caravan of a 200, 100 and a 3rd gen 4runner. The only vehicle specific run I tend to do is the club 40's only run in September. That doesn't mean I won't join a 200 run

We are also the club that puts on Cruise Moab in May

Capture.JPG

40s 8.jpg

40s 9.jpg

Ken! Good point... I'm down with another run or two, even 20, before the white stuff... Sundays work for me!

I tried talking this guy into selling but he wasn't into it:

20160809_180019.jpg

FWIW, if you are new to wheeling a good club is the way to go. I learned a lot from my club and made the trek to do the Rubicon when I had my 80. I learned techniques that made it much easier to go through

We do all kinds of runs from scenic easy stock type runs to harder runs of any scale. Typically when someone wants to go wheeling they can post up and a few guys will post up and join if a club run isnt scheduled

We are pretty open and easy going, helpful to new folks and never arrogant or pushy

What has made my wife real happy is we never leave anyone or their truck behind. In a breakdown some folks will go get parts while the others will help tear down. Those not needed we make sure get off the trail and make it home. When the girls and I go on a club run, she doesn't worry and if are running late she just assumes we are helping someone else

You also learn all kinds of new trails within a couple hours of town. Lots of times the descriptions are not very accurate due to erosion and it is always good to go with someone who has done the trail

I would consider my self an advanced wheeler and the one thing I have learned even on easy trails is never go alone. The club has lots of 80, 100 and a few 200 series wagons. Even a few 5th gen 4runners.

I am not typically a club fan, but have belonged to Rising Sun for over 12 years.

An easier scenic trail close to Denver is Bill Moore lake just north of Empire. Kingston Peak is a fairly easy trail out of Rollingsville. Just a couple of suggestions

Ken! Good point... I'm down with another run or two, even 20, before the white stuff... Sundays work for me!

I tried talking this guy into selling but he wasn't into it:

View attachment 1305164

The thing about Sundays in the Rockies is coming home on I-70. It is as bad as ski season. I personally prefer Saturdays as it is easier to get up and down the mountain

285 isnt as bad and one of my favorite trals off of 285 is Red Cone where you climb up to 13,000 ft and have the views all around. Slaughterhouse gulch is a short trail you can do in a few hours off of 285 and Schaeffers crossing

Romer, I have lurked on Rising Sun for years and am all about beginning wheeling with a club. Years ago when I had a 100 series I got my ham license in preparation of doing these sorts of runs, and then sold the LC. Almost back in the fold - would love to meet the Rising Sun folks!

You guys are just killing me with this thread...

2 years and counting!

Pole Hill

Looks fun and somewhat challenging. I'm up for Sunday morning if anyone else is. Found a couple youtube videos of the trail as well:

How about next Sunday the 21st? Start time & meetup TBD.

I will be in San Diego on the 21st, darn it. Guns N' Roses concert on the 22nd in San Diego. :rimshot:

Sorry @Romer didn't mean to leave you out... I'm still in Ouray mode. I can do the 28th.

@Canyonero GNR!!!! Sweet!!!

28th works for me as well... Awesome!

28th sounds good! Just let me know when you guys want to meet up in Lyons. Mini Ouray!

I might be able to do the 28th as well. Let me check with the Boss:princess: "schedule maker". :rolleyes:

Will be in Virginia City Nevada competing in the Virginia City Hill Climb over that weekend - towing the CTS-V out with the LC - but would love to try to make a trail run in September or October.

New LC 200 owner here. (2016 model only 2 weeks old.) We'll keep an eye on what you all do. We had a Land Rover LR4 the past 2 years and did a bit of wheeling. (Needed a stronger towing vehicle so switched to LC.) We'll only be interested in those runs that are "safe" for stock and generally have a cool destination. We're more about being able to see or explore awesome places than others who are into it for the challenge. We're not "Black Bear" people or even Red Cone. But we do all of the FunTreks green runs and possibly an occasional blue. Of course, this is also because we nearly always go alone so we are careful. We might be a bit more adventuresome with a group and good spotters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom