coil spacers or no? (1 Viewer)

Coil spacers or no?

• yes, coil spacers

• no, coil spacers

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got a 97 land cruiser. it has big tires and a bumper/ brush guard combo on front. Took the running boards off so it looks like it already has a little lift. it came with some coil spacers to go up front but I don't know if I want to put them on. I know it'll make it ride more rough if I do. I'm going to use it to take it off road to hunt a lot. my question is do you think I should put them on to lift the front some or should I just leave them off since it looks like it already has a little bit of a lift?

I put man-a-fre 1" spacers on mine, mostly because the coils had sagged some over 20 years. Made no difference at all in the ride that I could feel, which makes sense because the springs are unchanged. I'm pretty sure the truck just is back to factory (new truck) height now.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Coil spacers add nothing but height to your ride. The only noticeable difference in ride quality would come at higher lifts 4+ then adding a spacer, it gives the cruiser more body roll as you go up in lift, same as adding that overall lift height initially. By this I mean that if you have a 2.5" lift and add a 40mm spacer you get the same effect as just putting on 4" coils as far as ride height and stability is concerned. I know this is not a completely accurate statement. There are variables such as the completely sprung vehicle being slightly less stable but it's meant as an illustrative comment.

I put the 30 mm man a fre spacers all the way around and didn't feel any negative consequences whatsoever! I am now rolling around on brand-new old man emu long shocks, as well as OME stock height Springs

I don't know the exact size of them but they look at 2 inches. It's sits level right now so it would lift the front some.

Spacers may IMPROVE your ride if your springs are sagged enough to allow bumpstop contact in normal driving.

That said.. 2" is probably a bit much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom