CO2 refils in San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcruising

Mud User - Not Abuser
SILVER Star
Threads
Any body know a place other than Airgas in central San Diego that does refills while you wait. Airgas prices went up and they want $25 to refill a 10lb tank. Anybody cheaper.

$25? wow, that means my 20lb is going to be $50? if those prices continue I may have to think about simply buying an onboard compressor.

I get mine filled in san marcos, can't remember if it is airgas or not, it is right next to the fry's there. I thought the last fill was like $25 bucks. I normally call around first to ensure their prices are in line.

"Westgas" on Arjons Rd. in Miramar. Don't know the price but maybe another option.

Is Seals Gases down there too? One I go to up here in Costa Mesa was $12 for my last fill.

I use 5 star welding gas and supply in San Marcos- Its near the Los Posas and 78 area. They charge about 15 bucks for a 10 lb fill. They also are competative with other gases and consumables

Tim:steer:

no, just co2, Mark, I know there is a beverage place off of miramar that I got my 20 pound tank from, can't remember the name, but they had good prices, I need to get another tank, this time a 10 pound for weight savings.

Noah

mark, also keep in mind that these cylinders go out of spec, they need to be rehydro tested every 5 years I think? just don't want you to buy one that is basically no good and that nobody will fill because it is not up to spec......

Noah

Huh, I mentioned Co2 to the guy at West Air and he looked at me funny and asked if I was sure. He then told me most guys go with Nitrogen. Maybe he gets a lot of SCORE racers in their because I believe they run Nitrogen in their tires, probably easier so they can fill up the tires and shocks with one bottle.

Thanks for the tip on the bottles

Thanks for the input I have not had time to call or check the suggestions much yet. I beleive they often use nitrogen because the molecules are larger and therfore less can get through small pores in the rubber or beads. What I am not sure of is if the CO2 regulators can also be used for nitrogen or vice versa. I do know i had tried a standard valve at one time and it took longer to fill because it id not have a large cfm rate. Ended up buying a set up from The Sourse on ebay for under $160 from a guy on ebay. You can build one for under $100 if you serch.

Update for me is that I got in on the Cyber Monday deal that Ultimate Air put on and got the 10# tank, mounting brakcet, hose & chuck for $240 with shipping. I have yet to get it mounted or filled up yet. I just have too many projects going on with the cruiser right now.

update: just picked up a 10lb tank from beveragefactory.com in miramar for $86 and got it filled for $15 at airgas in san marcos.......

Damn, I just tried west gas and they only do exchange. Since mine is in great shape I thought I would go back down to airgas in Kerney mesa since I needed a refill for this weekend. They wanted $33 refill or exchange for 10lbs. I asked why it continues to go up and he said wait I can give a discount, still $28. At this price it makes it worth it to drive elsewhere next time.

Wounder why it is cheaper in san marcos.

Damn, I just tried west gas and they only do exchange. Since mine is in great shape I thought I would go back down to airgas in Kerney mesa since I needed a refill for this weekend. They wanted $33 refill or exchange for 10lbs. I asked why it continues to go up and he said wait I can give a discount, still $28. At this price it makes it worth it to drive elsewhere next time.

Wounder why it is cheaper in san marcos.

These guys are will always try to sell at the highest bracket for walk in customers. I have found calling in and asking for the best refill price first, usually get's better results and saves time. Beverage suppliers with Bulk CO2 tanks may also be be cheaper sources than welding supply shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom