1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch problems BJ42

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by bj42turbo, Jul 18, 2003.

1. bj42turbo

bj42turbo

I have a 1981 BJ42 and a couple months ago I replaced the clutch slave cylinder all has being well untill today, When i release the clutch pedal it dosn't seem to come all the way up, like before when i was losing fluid through the faulty slave cylinder, I checked for leaks and i have lost no fluid. I love my truck but every time i replace or fix something, something else allways seems to happen, I guess this is part of the attraction.

Dazz

2. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

i know the feeling, my trucks are both coming apart faster than i can put them back together.

few things to check.

spring from top of clutch pedal to a pin up under the dash...

did u bleed the system properly the first time, have you tried to bleed it again to make sure. happened to me first time i changed my clutch master, clutch dissapeared in the middle of traffic.

could need freeplay adjustment at the pedal, or at the slave. on both (i think) there's a locking nut, unlock then turn the rod (going throught the firewall on the clutch) or the rod on the slave.

any1 else got any better ideas?

3. bj42turbo

bj42turbo

Yeh someone on another mentioned bleeding the system again which i have done today and it seems ok so far, crossing my fingers

Dazz

4. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au