1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch problem??

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Whipinfast, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Whipinfast

Whipinfast

'76 40 w/ 350.
    My clutch pedal had been gradually getting softer and softer with bairly any accual clutch movement. This morning there was no clutch movement at all, just the pedal. I bleed the system, still no pressure. Any ideas? :dunno:

2. toddslater

toddslater SILVER Star

Was there any hydraulic fluid dripping from the seal around the slave cyl ? If yes, rebuild or replace. If no, rebuild or replace clutch master cyl.

3. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

Yes I would agree with toddslater.But Iwould rebuild both clutch slave and clutch master and then you know the hydro system is fine hope this helps :G

4. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

I would replace the whole system. It's pretty reasonable. I have used the rebuild kits for the slave before...waste of money. It only lasted about 3 months and I was stranded again. You can replace the slave and master for about $100, that should solve your issue.

5. Whipinfast

Whipinfast

Thanks for the help guys. I think I am going to go ahead and replace the entire system.

Thanks again :beer:

6. toddslater

toddslater SILVER Star

fj40crusher,
    did you give them a good and proper honing on the when you rebuilt ? So far I haven't had any probs with mine.