Club Member Trucks! Post up pics of your ride! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HF Setup?

Long range ham radio. For the full geek Cape Canaveral look
8382901026_fe2cabcb75_c.jpg

Is it snowing already in North Van?

That was January 2013. Still haven't ever hooked that antenna up. Don't like to rush into things...

New to iH8Mud / this club...

I'm a photographer in Vancouver, my rig is a 1984 HJ60, 3B diesel... it's pretty much stock, except the front ARB bumper... has one bad rocker that needs to be replaced, as well as a few spots on the frame that need attention, but other than that she is a steady beast. Just took it on a 2500km trip through the Rockies last week. Here are a few shots!

I'm also keen to meet Toyota people particularly that either live in their vehicles, or do long journeys to participate in an ongoing photo series i'm working on, doing portraits and lifestyle photos of people and how they've modified their vehicles for living.

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 5.35.53 PM.png

New to iH8Mud / this club...

I'm a photographer in Vancouver, my rig is a 1984 HJ60, 3B diesel... it's pretty much stock, except the front ARB bumper... has one bad rocker that needs to be replaced, as well as a few spots on the frame that need attention, but other than that she is a steady beast. Just took it on a 2500km trip through the Rockies last week. Here are a few shots!

I'm also keen to meet Toyota people particularly that either live in their vehicles, or do long journeys to participate in an ongoing photo series i'm working on, doing portraits and lifestyle photos of people and how they've modified their vehicles for living.

Cheers!

View attachment 1325201

Great to see you meeting the Vancouver folk Shayd, you should meet some nice people and possibly have some adventures.....Shayd is my friends son, we are all landcruiser crazy..

Reactions: kim
Well, we don't exactly "live" in our truck, but my wife and I are planning an extended road trip, which "just happens" to coincide with Cruise Moab 2017.
We'll be in Vancouver, Jasper, and Banff on May 9-15 and heading back east from there. So if you guys spot a black LX450 with Jersey plates, it's not an invasion, just a brief visit.
She'll be on street tires 315/75R16 Duratracs, so I don't "plan" on doing any offroad jaunts, but may be open to suggestions...

Well, we don't exactly "live" in our truck, but my wife and I are planning an extended road trip, which "just happens" to coincide with Cruise Moab 2017.
We'll be in Vancouver, Jasper, and Banff on May 9-15 and heading back east from there. So if you guys spot a black LX450 with Jersey plates, it's not an invasion, just a brief visit.
She'll be on street tires 315/75R16 Duratracs, so I don't "plan" on doing any offroad jaunts, but may be open to suggestions...

Our club meeting is May 11 at 8pm at EBI Off-Road Shop, #105 1650 Broadway, Coquitlam B.C. Would be great if you could stop by and share some stories of your trip! :beer:

Our club meeting is May 11 at 8pm at EBI Off-Road Shop, #105 1650 Broadway, Coquitlam B.C. Would be great if you could stop by and share some stories of your trip! :beer:
Would LOVE to, but we're on schedule to drive from Vancouver to Jasper that day. It's gonna be a long haul, but should be spectacular.
Unfortunately, we only have 2 weeks to go from Salt Lake City to home, so we're trying to make the best of it.

Would LOVE to, but we're on schedule to drive from Vancouver to Jasper that day. It's gonna be a long haul, but should be spectacular.
Unfortunately, we only have 2 weeks to go from Salt Lake City to home, so we're trying to make the best of it.
Since you are driving right by, make sure you zip into Wells Grey Park and see Helmcken Falls. Certainly doable in the Vancouver to
Jasper in a day timeline, even if you chose the Fraser Canyon route over the Coq. Sorry to hijack, J

Since you are driving right by, make sure you zip into Wells Grey Park and see Helmcken Falls. Certainly doable in the Vancouver to
Jasper in a day timeline, even if you chose the Fraser Canyon route over the Coq. Sorry to hijack, J
No apologies please. I'm unfamiliar with the route and don't know what "Coq" refers to.
I would love to discuss the planned route with folks who know. I suppose a new thread would be appropriate.

Coq = Coquihalla Highway (Highway through Hell) or Hwy 5

Hi Jon, I believe we met at Cruise Moab on the Poison Spider trail a few years ago. Would be cool to see you again if you have a few minutes to pop by my shop in Chilliwack, BC. You'll nearly drive right by. PM me or email cruisinoffroad@shaw.ca if you'd like to connect and we can figure out a time and directions.

Cheers!
Jason

Hi Jon, I believe we met at Cruise Moab on the Poison Spider trail a few years ago. Would be cool to see you again if you have a few minutes to pop by my shop in Chilliwack, BC. You'll nearly drive right by. PM me or email cruisinoffroad@shaw.ca if you'd like to connect and we can figure out a time and directions.

Cheers!
Jason
Sweet. I'll see if I can make that work. Thanks!

Reactions: kim
STOLEN!!! Reporting for a Friend. HDJ81 Stolen from 20th and Knight in Vancouver, night of April 23, 2017 (without canoe!). If you see this, please call police. THANKS!

gold stickers removed from the sides.
It also has 2 windows that have tint on them still. passenger right + rear left.

HDJ81 stolen #1.jpg
HDJ81 stolen #2.jpg

Last edited:
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Hope he gets it back.

Nothing really exciting. Lots of plans. So far just sadly required work like coolant flush, new hoses, wires, spark plugs, filters, belts, grinding away some surface rust and priming and painting. Wires had 1995 printed on them.....and since the coolant literally looked like mud, I am sure it was probably from the same era.

Bump it Offroad bumper is ordered and should be ready in July. Has weld on rock sliders of some sort that seem stout. Currently has 33's but plan on 35's, lockers, and a re-gear to 4.88's. Want some double swing out rear, maybe 4x4 Labs or something fab'd up locally. Has CB and VHF installed. Currently working on fixing the oil leaks at front crank seal and oil pump cover.

Not a show car just a fun toy to get out and explore with.

View attachment 1458355

Landcruiser at Stave #2.jpg

Landcruiser front.gif

Nice!

This is my main cruiser, my backcountry RV and something that I have been building for about 15 years now. It isn't the same truck that I started with but I consider it to be...everything that happened was simple replacement parts like body, frame, engine etc.

Adam Frame lake tahoe.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom