Club Member Trucks! Post up pics of your ride! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Following up on our conversations at the Jan 2012 meeting; we decided to use MUD as our club meeting place.

Post pics of your truck here and details about mods, future plans, etc.

:beer:

Last edited:
My Truck: 1981 BJ42

OK, I'll Start,

1981 BJ42, pretty much stock
3B, 2.5" OME lift, 32" tires finally, open diffs, 4spd, full gauges including EGT, Ham Radio (VA7PAA), Camry front seats, cub holder mod,

Future Plans: Rear bumper carrier, diff breathers, air lockers, restoration with new tub, soft top

Looking for the right FJ45 project for my son and I.

Picture is Chipmunk FSR taken by my daughter in July, 2013; Lady Peak in the background
DSCN3699.JPG

Last edited:
Mine. Mostly stock 1991 Nissan Safari (aka Y60 Patrol), 5 spd, LSD rear, Auto/Manual hubs, 265 studded and 285 MT tires, 2.5" OME lift and shocks, CB.

Future plans and dreams: 1" body lift, build drawers and camping set-up, fix rear main seal leak and replace clutch, home brew turbo, front air or elocker, sliders, install telescoping back-up/worklight, install 24V air horn, buy and install electric diesel pump, add 12V solar system, replace rear window slider frames, install winch bar gathering rust, rebuild and install one of the 8274s sitting in garage, add a VHF, repaint, etc, etc, etc ...
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6712570257_3e73a640b5_z.jpg
Pic: top of Nickel Plate (Jan 2012)

Her's. 1992 (build date) 1993 (model year) Nissan Safari, Auto, LSD rear, 31" studded and 31" BFG ATs.

Future Plans: 1" body lift, fix rear main seal leak, install 2.5" springs sitting in garage, new shocks, rebuild and install broken Nissan Auto/Manual hubs, fix dented fender, buy and install electric diesel pump, build and install drawers/camping kit, rebuild and install one of the 8274s sitting in garage, replace IP seals, install telescoping back-up/work-light, etc, etc, etc ...
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6136/6002398958_af1c514e7b_z.jpg
Pic: Somewhere in the hills West above Riverside Washington. (Aug 2011)

I was thinking that this might be better on the public forum, more for visitors to be able to see the trucks in our club. We all know what we own (for the most part), nice for people from outside the club to see who is in the club and what they drive.
Anyways, I'm open to either...

Can you actually locate a vehicle through the license plate?
I tried searching for any info on my car plate and didn't get one hit.

... We all know what we own (for the most part), nice for people from outside the club to see who is in the club and what they drive.

I'd like to see who drives what; though I assume most attendees of cruiser days were with CC's.

My 97 Lexus LX450, bought it just over a year ago and did a full refresh on it. Body, paint, HG, all seals/belts/hoses on engine + full tune up. OME 2.5" lift, Dual battery system, 4x 12v outlets (two front/two rear), front axle rebuild, 5x 315/75R16 Duratrac tires, Hanna rear NATO water can carrier over Drivers wheel well and York OBA system with 2.5 gallon tank and locomotive train horns.

Chilcootins July 2011
2486302230069776024S600x600Q85.jpg

Poison Mt July 2011
2599237270069776024S600x600Q85.jpg

Oregon coast engagement trip April 2011
IMGP2088.JPG

Future mods: ARB bumper, M12000, IPF lights, Cruisin Sliders, Longs, 4.88's, Custom rear bumper and tire swing out, long range aux tank, mobile VHF/CB, Rear storage drawer, ARB fridge slide, custom cargo safety barrier and upper shelf. Dreaming of a 1HD swap some day as well.

I'd like to see who drives what; though I assume most attendees of cruiser days were with CC's.

I agree, would also be nice for non-cc's to see what trucks are in the club. I'd try to moderate as much as possible to keep the riff-raff out (as in posting pics, comments are great)
We would need a quorum before we started a thread, perhaps a thread for non-cc to post their truck pics as well :hmm:

I agree that it would be great for non-members to see who's in the club and what they run, since the web site is way out of date. Great photos of trucks on the trail help with interest and build support/further membership. As moderator, can you move this thread over to the public section, or is it better to start over?

OK. Here are the two I run:

66 FJ40
The one that started me down the road of LC obsession. Rebuild project that started 10yrs ago when I rescued it from a woodshed. The last set of plates on it were from the early 80's. Engine seized. Windows encrusted green on both sides. Assorted colours of body panels. All potential...
Notable stuff: 2F/H41/3spd t.case gears, 45 FF with detroit rear, stock ball and claw/drum brake front, 8274warn, 45 liter SS aux tank, small lift, 33's, alum rack. Luxury options: sound deadening, cloth bucket seats, shoulder belts to keep off the non collapsible steering column in case of a crash, rear heater, center console with armrest and cup holder. No PS or PB, yet. I'm considering adding those to the luxury add on's list after getting used to them in my other truck.

84 BJ60
Started off as a stand in camping mobile while my 40 was getting another phase of work done almost 4yrs ago.
3B with junkyard turbo/h55/2.3:1 tcase from 87 FJ60. Aussie locker. SOA rear, 4" springs front. 8274warn. 33's. Rusty, but soon to have body/frame swap.
100_1661.JPG
DSC_0338.jpg

Last edited:
May I post? I have no idea if I'm a member or not.

May I post? I have no idea if I'm a member or not.

You're posting in the Member's only section, I'd say you're good to go :grinpimp:

Mine - '89 BJ74. F+R ARBs, ARB fr bumper with 24V 8274, Cruisin' Off Road rear bumper, sliders, skid plate, and now side bars. Mark's 1.08/3.05 t case gears, OME suspension, dedicated 12V battery mounted in the rear drawer, Puma compressor, ATEB 2.5" exhaust w/ Aero Turbine. These should be the last shots with the ancient 255/85R16s.

6293648409_eabaf8e34a_z.jpg

new side bars:

6316452629_1d8e35d079_z.jpg

and my much loved, gone-but-not-forgotten BJ70, which served me faithfully for 18 years only to be cast aside to fund a Les Paul :whoops:

2490646389_9bbf43564e_z.jpg

Ok. I'll chime in then.

Hi. I'm Charla. Once upon a time I found my cherished 1976 FJ40 'Uncle Gord' for sale in the local paper. He is virtually stock except for a new old suspension, checker plating and gun rack and winch. I rolled him on my first night run. He serves as DD these days...

image-1888535098.jpg

Some of you know the story of my 1981 BJ42, 'Agent Orange' I'll spare you the details except to say she is loved and I've spent many many days traveling all over the continent in her since her resurrection in early 2002. She is my designated non-winter offload rig and ongoing mobile project.

image-1024031365.jpg

Next up is my 1992 HZJ77. Prior to moving back to Alberta, it replaced my 85 BJ73 as devoted year round highway driver/road tripper for my trips home to Red Deer after I sold the 73 to a Cruiserchick in California. That was a great little truck. Eventually the 77 will be turboed. It doubles as a sled hauler for me in the winter. Most recently I took it to Pismo in November and up to Yellowknife at Xmas during the ice road trek.

image-1079062359.jpg

My BJ73... Mr. Guderian (now 'Moose')

image-1958078208.jpg

Last but not least we have Professor Orville Rottingham of Kent (PORK...AKA Rottingham or Hamlet for short). This is my 1973 FJ55. It is super stock (original tires, headlight, windshield, wipers...) and has been a barn dweller since I picked it up ten years ago in S BC. I took him out of storage a couple weekends ago and have been getting him ready to go to River Shiver.

image-4086647166.jpg

I like 'em anyway... :)

Sorry... I don't know how to delete the last pic (of Orange) via the Mud App. When I get onto a computer I'll take it off.
image-1888535098.jpg
image-4251400488.jpg

image-1079062359.jpg

image-4086647166.jpg

image-1024031365.jpg

image-1958078208.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry... I don't know how to delete the last pic (of Orange) via the Mud App. When I get onto a computer I'll take it off.

I love that Trails cover shot, don't remove it, Charla! :cheers:

Looks to good to be Norm's old rig :p

Plus a premium of $5 for every additional Land Cruiser you own. :grinpimp:

Well I think since we "voted" (meaning she was not there and she was nominated and 2nd then a unanimous yes from all in attendance :D) her in as TLCA rep we can probably pass on that.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom