Cliffs insane terrain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's always been bad... But I have found that most people only know trail 1, 3, 10, maybe 44, 13 and 7.... And a few other mild trails. And they have never been on the other 80% of trails... Land cruiser, trail 8, 21, and many others that roll you on your side, and then you winch/drive on your side for 50 yards while packing mud into areas with bearing packing skill and force. My 4 runner hasn't been there in years. It took me a couple years to turn it back into a decent vehicle... I was under it yesterday and there is still Cliffs mud packed in the frame!

It's always been bad... But I have found that most people only know trail 1, 3, 10, maybe 44, 13 and 7.... And a few other mild trails. And they have never been on the other 80% of trails... Land cruiser, trail 8, 21, and many others that roll you on your side, and then you winch/drive on your side for 50 yards while packing mud into areas with bearing packing skill and force. My 4 runner hasn't been there in years. It took me a couple years to turn it back into a decent vehicle... I was under it yesterday and there is still Cliffs mud packed in the frame!

I just want to go to do the basic stuff with the family and get used to the 80. It's stick with Michelins. Granted it does have lockers, but still.

80% of those dents by my door/extra cab were caused by one tree root on trail 10. I have since smashed it up a few more times but trail 10 did the major caveing in.

wasnt it around 300k miles? (and not an easy 300)

The odometer broke at 270k 5 years before I got it, and the guy put about 110 miles a day on it for those 5 years as a daily. Best case it only had 350k on it.

Maybe time for a timing set & oil change, but other than that, it was just getting broken in.

Maybe time for a timing set & oil change, but other than that, it was just getting broken in.

If the cylinders are still round I could probably re-ring it and call it good. By the end it only ran well when the temp gauge was in the red.

I dang near lost a bottle of private stock when tony's 60 flopped into a "rut". And bill destroyed vicky's camera when he backed into a "puddle".
All within 5 minutes

It's not even wheeling, especially the easy trails. It's just sliding in ruts. You could do it in a geo metro prolly better than an 80 on stock street tires.

If youre lucky and stick to trail 1 you can get it covered in mud, post it on Facebook, drive it to work the next day, maybe get some pin stripes and you can say "Hell, yes I wheel it" for the rest of its mall crawling days.

Or you can take down 3 or 10 or even through one of the "puddles" on 1 and ruin it.

Last edited:
It's not even wheeling, especially the easy trails. It's just sliding in ruts. You could do it in a geo metro prolly better than an 80 on stock street tires.

If youre lucky and stick to trail 1 you can get it covered in mud, post it on Facebook, drive it to work the next day, maybe get some pin stripes and you can say "Hell, yes I wheel it" for the rest of its mall crawling days.

Or you can take down 3 or 10 or even through one of the "puddles" on 1 and ruin it.

I think you're missing the point....

Nothing like trying to dry out your interior in a monsoon. Lost my phone and radio as well.

I think you're missing the point....

These guys have been wheeling the cliffs for along time and hosting events there. They view the park like a crazy ex girlfriend, you see a perky set of tits and a tight ass, and may have even made out with her at some point, but these guys have experienced what a dark succubus she is. So go get a handy from her in the golden corral bathroom between plates of fried chicken, just don't get in too deep or you will have a wrecked truck and a jadded view on the other side. The group has been there, done that and gave you their advice.

These guys have been wheeling the cliffs for along time and hosting events there. They view the park like a crazy ex girlfriend, you see a perky set of tits and a tight ass, and may have even made out with her at some point, but these guys have experienced what a dark succubus she is. So go get a handy from her in the golden corral bathroom between plates of fried chicken, just don't get in too deep or you will have a wrecked truck and a jadded view on the other side. The group has been there, done that and gave you their advice.

Nicely said.

A nice round of applause for Geoff !!

Hahaha, I just made a few people look at me because I laughed out loud in a quiet office. Bravo Gehoffery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom