classicparts4u

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by thecrazygreek, Mar 14, 2008.

1. thecrazygreek

thecrazygreek

2. thecrazygreek

thecrazygreek

3. vtcruiser60

vtcruiser60 SILVER Star

I traded emails with the vendor. He sells a lot of sheet metal and indicated that he got these on a truckload sale. To my eye, they look like the same product from CCOT. But...I have doubts that they are CCOT products...seems unlikely that a smallish shop like that would bother sending scratch adn dent panels out to a wholesaler like that.

Anyway...haven't seen the panels up close...but the price is nice.
  4. cruiserbrett

cruiserbrett Moderator

they look like someone went to work with a bead roller and brake. Nothing you couldnt do if you had a bead roller. Nothing special, and I am sure you get what you pay for.

I dont think they are near the CCOT pieces in terms of accuracy, but if you want a cheap replacement go for it.
  5. Texx

Texx

A blanket statement with near no meaning. "I dont think they're near ccot in accuracy". HA. It is to laugh. You want to learn about fab work, try to fit a ccot panel (or anybody else's.). Until you hold it in your hands, your opinion is worthless. Sorry to throw you under the bus, but a blanket statement without seeing/installing/using the product just has no merit. It takes many hours of fab to fit a Cool Cruisers panel. I'm not saying they're any better or worse than anyone else, just that the panel industry in general puts itself out there as a "plug and play" kinda deal, and nothing could be further from the truth.
  6. Gus

Gus SILVER Star

I have to agree with Tex 100% with regard to the "accuracy" of aftermarket body panels; they ALWAYS require considerable fit up/adjustment in order to fit properly. Some times you have to practically rebuild the panel/part to get them to fit properly, aftermarket door skins, CCOT fenders(these especially need tons of work to get them to fit properly), door patch panels, or what ever part.
  7. Hogan

Hogan Three on the Tree SILVER Star

It's because they are all reverse engineered from the original parts.

I've purchased front frenders from Certa Fit, and it was alot of work to get them close to fitting properly. Of course it was alot easier to get them to fit than build my own. :)