Chevy power steering pump bracket questions. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to figure out how to mount a power steering pump on a small block chevy. I have a couple of brackets and cant seem to figure out how they bolt up!? I will try to post up some pics... I am having trouble with my camera right now so if you have some pics of your PS bracket I would love to see them!! Thanks. Mark:cheers:

What size sbc. Older 283/327 don't have bolt locations on the heads for the brackets. on 359's Short water pumps use a different bracket than the long.

Got the camera figured out... here are the pics. It is a 283 Chevy. I will post more pics in a bit!:beer:
020.jpg
022.jpg
024.jpg

I have found several brackets onine. I was hoping someone would show me how the ones I have work... :confused: This is making me feel dumb!:bang:

The bracket on ebay will work. It bolts to the threaded holes next to the crank. You have 350 heads on the block. I would take a look at your local junk yard for the bracket installation. Any 70 , 80, or 90 chev sbc bracket will work. The key will be the water pump, short nose or long. Bracket has to match the water pump length on your engine.

either go to a junkyard and pull the pulleys and brackets off of a complete later 350 and get a long waterpump, or get a swp bracket.

Here:

Small Block Short Pump

Look at 'power steering', it's a heavier duty copy of the corvette pump mount. That bracket on Ebay is missing a piece I think, the top stud on the back of the ps pump wont have anything to attach to and it would just flop around I think. I think the bracket you have is for a later style chevy, not sure it will work on your setup.

Last two post are spot-on. Pump mounting is relative to short or long water pump. Problem with this scenario is that everything must be a matching set (crank pulley, water pump pulley, all mounting brackets, the works). Long water pumps allow better/rigid mounting of all the equipment, and you could get a full matching set at a wrecking yard, but then you might have to remount your radiator????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom