Chevy Clutch Qs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '95 LT1 350 that I am going to be swapping into my FJ in the next couple of months. I am putting an SM465 behind it, but have no flywheel or clutch as of yet. Do I want to go with an 11", or what exactly?? Can I go with pretty much any small block flywheel, or is there something different with my LT1 which would require me to use only a particular one, (or else). I am thinking I want one that's heavy, to give me that additional bit of torque.
Also, what kind of clutch is best?? I've heard centerforce is way overpriced.

A heavy flywheel is your friend. I think the best clutch is still the centerforce from AA.
Pete put a centerforce in his 5 yrs ago and still works great. I've wornout 3 over the counter clutches in 2 1/2 yrs. If i hadn't already had them on the shelf there's no way I would've used them. You can't say it's my driving either. He has car motor and I have truck. He slips his just to keep it lit sometimes. I hardly use mine. When I run out of clutch plates I'm going with the centerforce.

i am working on this exact same thing. i found that the LT1 flywheel is not the same as the traditional 350. the center lip that holds the flywheel (can't remember that name for it) is smaller. a heavy flywheel may be impossible to find. if someone knows what options are out there, please let us know. my initial limited research has found the Corvette flywheel is $800 and it's a light one for a fast reving car. caprice and impala only came with the 4L60E automatic. i'm lost. ??? ???

Not sure what to say about your flywheel delima. Perhaps call "gm performance" and see what's possible. I've been using the Centerforce dual friction clutch and PP on my 350 for some time now and it's been too good for words. For lack or worries and peace of mind, worth the extra price. Cheaper if you get it from some place like summit racing rather than AA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom