Cheap snorkel from Malaysia not too bad! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for checking!

Got mine installed. David's template was a bit different, but got me started. Thanks David. Various parts didn't fit that well...but I paid $90. Prolly would have been smarter to pay a little more and buy the one from Malasia...

May 2013.jpg

Anybody have any links to the exact same "Land Cruiser" labeled snorkel in the OP?

Thanks

Last edited:
Glad everyone has gotten so much use out of my first post! I should've asked for a cut from the eBay seller ;)

The irony is I had to disconnect because it was strangling V8 at highway speeds... Although it may have been the air box/plenum I was running it through.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Love it! My template was pretty much bang on, couldn't get the back screw in, but the two forward ones, along with the clip on the A pillar, this thing is more solid than my fender! (Which did provide for easy access to remove old parts) :D

image.jpg

Cool rig. What swing out carrier do you have on the back?

Glad everyone has gotten so much use out of my first post! I should've asked for a cut from the eBay seller ;)

The irony is I had to disconnect because it was strangling V8 at highway speeds... Although it may have been the air box/plenum I was running it through.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I'm wondering about your experience with the snorkle and V8? You say the V-8 is not getting enough air at hwy speeds? What were you running as a air filter before snorkel install and what after?

Assume V-8 ran fine before snorkle install?

I'm in the process of reading through the thread...but I was thinking about buying one of the other brands of snorkle and mate that with my 5.7 Vortec......running a lower air filter housing from a FJ62 (large air filter) and a top air filter housing from a FJ80 (the lid portion). The FJ62 has the low "snout" that you can plumb for the intake air way to the snorkle..obviously the lid wold be plumed in the V8 air path tubing..

Just wondering...if any obvious issues with snorkle on V8.

Here's my modified 2f air cleaner to a Safari Snorkel while retaining all the emissions gear.

Good luck.

What are the details on the air filter assembly mounted on the passenger side fenderwell? Is that an FJ62 lower air filter housing...what about the upper portion? is that from an 80 or diesel?

im running one of these snorkels on my truck. I keep a very close eye on my mpg and actually saw an increase of about .8 mpg after the install so I don't think its starving for air. I have the spectre cold air then I put on there air box and used there fittings all the way to the snorkel. I didn't use the flex tube it came with but I did have to cut a big hole in the inner fender to get the tube to fit. so I have 4" tube from the tb all the way to the 3" snorkel.

great posts ! i have actually slapped water out the DS window before on low water bridge crossing during 3 days of hard rains. trucking started to stall,and was slipping slideways. revved the RPM's, dumped the clutch, and luckily crawled,hopped,wiggled my way out. i was shaking when i got out on the other side,then remembered i had my wife with me !!
Ignorance in my youth taught valuable lesson- Just turn around and drive the extra miles .
But DAMN these snorks are COOL !
I want one

great posts ! i have actually slapped water out the DS window before on low water bridge crossing during 3 days of hard rains. trucking started to stall,and was slipping slideways. revved the RPM's, dumped the clutch, and luckily crawled,hopped,wiggled my way out. i was shaking when i got out on the other side,then remembered i had my wife with me !!
Ignorance in my youth taught valuable lesson- Just turn around and drive the extra miles .
But DAMN these snorks are COOL !
I want one

I could NEVER justify having a Safari due to price, but I have always wanted one (for the looks, I completely admit) that functioned. This price and the service is unbeatable. I could barely send an email before I was promptly responded to. According to the tracking, it is in the country.

My Malaysian snorkel has been in the box down in the basement for 8 months and I am ready to do the install. I am wondering if anyone on here still has the drill bit for the install? Landcruiser parts belong on the vehicle, not in the basement. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom