Cheap snorkel from Malaysia not too bad! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah its wrong......Land Cruiser is two words:D

Landpimp,
Maybe you did not notice the name "Landcruiser" on the side of that $80 piece of plastic! So it is for Landcruisers! And...being that it SAYS "Landcruiser" it must be quality! Go get it, try it out and let us know how it works!:p

I have been emailing back and forth with the CL poster for nearly one month trying to buy a snorkle for my 60. I wanted to look at it first but getting her to commit to a time and place to meet has been impossible. She's changed her mind at the last minute numerous times. I emailed her a couple of days ago an asked for a quote to ship it, and no answer. In one of her emails back she complained that she's loosing money on these, that they cost her $110 each. That actually sounds about right...I have a price-list from the manufacturer, and if you buy 20 or more, with duty/brokerage/freight that's what they'd cost. Not sure why she's selling them below her cost. Anyway, I will buy one sight unseen for $80 + shipping if she'd just answer me back. The malaysia guy or home-fab is my other option.

offer her $110, then tell he too much when you meet...... inst that how CL works :)

OK, if someone gets ahold of her/him and wants me to look at it or buy it, I will. Port Orchard is just next door...

I have been emailing back and forth with the CL poster for nearly one month trying to buy a snorkle for my 60. I wanted to look at it first but getting her to commit to a time and place to meet has been impossible. She's changed her mind at the last minute numerous times. I emailed her a couple of days ago an asked for a quote to ship it, and no answer. In one of her emails back she complained that she's loosing money on these, that they cost her $110 each. That actually sounds about right...I have a price-list from the manufacturer, and if you buy 20 or more, with duty/brokerage/freight that's what they'd cost. Not sure why she's selling them below her cost. Anyway, I will buy one sight unseen for $80 + shipping if she'd just answer me back. The malaysia guy or home-fab is my other option.

I have been following this thread for a while, since I am starting my body work and prep for a paint job I had to order one. Thanks for all the reviews they sound like a good deal for $169. Does anyone know if they have the same template as the safari snorkel?

As for CL I have never had good luck with anyone from there!

What is the OD on the top of the snorkel?
Anybody knows ?

Anybody knows ?

The OD of the provided air ram is 3.25", with .125" wall thickness, So the tube must be a standard 3".

I didn't want take the whole thing out of the plastic wrap just yet, so all I could measure is the ram OD.

K, Im thinking of using an FJ62 air filter housing or an in line airfilter... I like the FJ62 better cause its bigger but I dont know if I will have the space under the hood..... We'll see....

I asked about the OD as I also think OME pre-filter from a 70 or 100 series....

Anybody knows ?

Not the most consistent...

1F27C69A-9F46-4955-93C5-B7B0BB6AC7FB-6645-000005F73613143F.jpg

3E18D85B-975A-457B-ADA0-A181CC4C662B-6645-000005F73D4C6118.jpg

A130089E-8BB0-4DDA-9DE7-2E081CB6BC54-6645-000005F7423867B8.jpg

Mine showed up Wednesday, amazing turnaround time.

Everyone else's experience is backed up, solid quality, solid polyethene plastic, mounts are solid, I'm super happy. Only had time to mount it, will plumb it this weekend.

Poser shot:
IMG_20121116_162408.jpg

Last edited:
Mine came today, super-fast! I agree with everyone else they are well worth the money and good quality. My only complaint would be the template. What size hole saw did you guys use?
I also had a question since I am prepping for a paint job, can you or has anyone welded the upper bracket to the windshield pillar instead of riveting it?
Thanks

I bedded my A-pillar mount in silicone then used self-tapping screws. Feels like it should hold up fine, I would be hesitant to weld it to that thin sheet metal unless you are skilled with a TIG.

I have so much s*** bolted and welded to my rig right now, it's really making me appreciate stockers. Mine came to me with a salvage title and body damage so I don't mind molesting her, but I need to start looking for a street queen as well.

Snorkels are gay, I just kinda like being gay.

Don't use Silicone on steel - it is acid cured and will cause corrosion and rust. Use RTV or better, Polyurethane sealant, or the proper automotive sealer.

Good, I like to punish my Cruiser. She's a bad girl.

.....thanks.

Finally took some time this afternoon to install. (Sorry no pictures) It went ok except the third bolt on the fender closest to the door, I couldn’t reach it. Anyone have a tip on how to get to that one. Also I would love to see how everyone is plumbing them to the air cleaner. I am thinking of changing my stock air cleaner intake to the passenger side, which will require some fabrication.

Finally took some time this afternoon to install. (Sorry no pictures) It went ok except the third bolt on the fender closest to the door, I couldn’t reach it. Anyone have a tip on how to get to that one. Also I would love to see how everyone is plumbing them to the air cleaner. I am thinking of changing my stock air cleaner intake to the passenger side, which will require some fabrication.
Just got a second filter housing to mount "horn" to the passenger side for plumbing.

Wasn't home Friday when it arrived, went pick it up Saturday at the fed ex place.. Got back home around 5:30 after all my errands in town, went to three placed to find a hole saw.. Ended up using a 3 1/2". Plenty of wiggle room, and it allowed me to fit the hose to the snorkel out side the fender then clamp it inside... Pretty easy over all. I only cringed a little on the first hole..

I personally think its sweet. I also loved the fact I have a 62. Soo easy.

Thanks, Cody Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD
image-3775403143.jpg
image-1030970116.jpg
image-2966218240.jpg
image-2608441589.jpg

Any updates on this? I am about to bite the bullet on this. What size hole saw did you need? I need order one of those as well. I like the idea of running the pre cleaner bowl, but I wonder about that at highway speed since it is made for slower work. Has anyone run one at highway speeds for an extended period?

Here is the cleaner I am thinking of:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snorkel-Com...uiser|Make:Toyota&hash=item5d35d38f5b&vxp=mtr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom