Charcoal Canister - Great Option! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also had venting pressure when removing the gas cap on my '94, as well as the smell of gas from the canister area on hot (85-100 degree days) and especially while running the A/C.

Received the canister from Rock Auto on Wednesday, popped out the frame holder, removed the old one, zip tied the new one in.

3 days, two tanks of gas and almost 500 miles later, still no more gas odors from the engine that made valets back away slowly, no 30-45 secs of hissing at refills.

EXCELLENT FIND Jeeper.

Finally had a chance to install mine. Yep, went in easy and so far (knock on wood) no more venting!
Thanks again!

Mine has been on for 3 months now. Venting problem solved!

So, which one did you buy? There are several mentioned in this thread, and I was wondering if you could tell me specifically which one you put in. Will there be any (CA) SMOG check problems with one of these aftermarket CC's? BTW, my wife had just recently complained of gas fumes, and I sniffed it out to the canister area. I figured I needed to replace my hoses, which look pretty worn. (which I will still do). This is really good info.

BTW, I just had a SMOG check done today, and when the tech took the gas cap off, there was so much pressure, he dropped it.:doh:

AC Delco 215-75 via Amazon.com for $55 to my door. A little more expensive than RockAuto, but no shipping or tax. Just ordered today, and will go in over the weekend.

:cheers:

Steve

just picked mine up from autozone for $39. Just installed it. took a little to get the old one off and the new one on. but all good now. i noticed when taking the gas cap off the first time after installing it, the cap was on there tight.

Last edited:
just picked mine up from autozone for $39. Just installed it. took a little to get the old one off and the new one on. but all good now. i noticed when taking the gas cap off the first time after installing it, the cap was on there tight.

Can you give us the autozone part # or UPC pls?

thanks.

VC120, I just went into Autozone. Told him I needed the part VC120, he pulled it up, asked if this is what I wanted, I said yeah. He had to order it, took 2 days.

Also anyone having a problem with there gas cap? It isnt hard to twist off but it's deffinately harder to twist off now then before.

Also as far as the breather what did everyone do with the factory one?

Been driving the cruiser all week with the weather. Highway and non highway, still working great

Mine arrived today. Installed similar to Romer, without the lower bracket. Used a zip-tie until I can pick up a bolt at the HW store. Ran the truck for a bit, and no pressure with the cap. I am sure mine was toast, and definitely had gotten worse with the subtank.

:cheers:

Steve

subscribed.

For those of you that have replaced the canister, would anyone be willing to send me the old OE canister? I would happily pay shipping. Thanks.

Matt

X2 want old cannister

After snakeman is anyone willing to send me their old cannister. i can send a shipping label. i want to dissect one of these and see how clogged the filter gets.

thanks

Subscribed.

Never would have thought to look for a charcoal canister at Amazon.

-KK

Finally had a chance to install mine. Yep, went in easy and so far (knock on wood) no more venting!
Thanks again!

Just got done with a trip out to the Mojave and still no venting. I think i can say i have been cured!:clap:

Just got done with a trip out to the Mojave and still no venting. I think i can say i have been cured!:clap:

Do you think this will affect CA smog check? When do you have a smog check coming up?

Do you think this will affect CA smog check? When do you have a smog check coming up?

I don't expect any issues as it visually looks very similar. I also kept the old canister just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom