Charcoal Canister - Great Option! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It does that because the checkvalve is sticking. I rebuilt mine by pulling the canister and taking it apart. Mine took alot of carb cleaner and air to make it not sticky. You can't really do that without opening the canister.

Never failed one with a defective CC, but just passed one in Cali with a questionable one! The hungover smog guy actually backed out with the sniffer tool still in the exhaust!
2015-03-29%2009.40.10_zpstb0yafy2.jpg

Replaced mine with the 120. Immediately no shhhhhh.

Noticed in my searching that Mazda canisters for the RX7 are configured with the vent hose on the bottom. Maybe I'll find one at the wreckers and check size some day

Swapped mine out last week before a decent road trip and all things are working good at this time. No more noise upon opening the fuel cap and the truck even seems to start a bit quicker. Anxious to give it a try up at the higher altitudes on some Big Bear runs coming up. Thanks again for the great tip on the replacement part guys...

What size fuel vapor hose is needed? Read through this thread and some guys mention 1/4" and others mention 1/2"?? Mine are all crusty and brittle, so any labeling on the hose is long gone. Planning on replacing my vapor canister and old hoses this week. Thanks.

What size fuel vapor hose is needed? Read through this thread and some guys mention 1/4" and others mention 1/2"?? Mine are all crusty and brittle, so any labeling on the hose is long gone. Planning on replacing my vapor canister and old hoses this week. Thanks.

I used 3/8" fuel line myself

This part worked great on my last cruiser a few years ago, I'll be getting another one for my new cruiser because the fuel tank holds pressure especially when the tank is low.

I got mine thru Advanced Auto using coupons from fatwallet, came out to around $30 for the VC120 but just checking the site and my order history they don't appear to carry it anymore, odd....

I passed California smog with the VC120. There was no mention of anything out of the ordinary from the tester.

Not sure if this has been posted to this thread already, but found this on YouTube:

I used 3/8" fuel line myself
Thanks. Do you know if 3/8" is the OEM size hoses that were used? With guys posting that they have used 1/4", 1/2" and 3/8"....I'm assuming you can use multiple sizes of hose to make it work?? I would just pull the hoses and take to Napa to match, but I don't have my 80 right now (in the shop getting a new head gasket!), and wanted to have everything ready to swap out the charcoal canister.

Jen, I'll pop the hood and check again to be sure, pretty sure I used the existing hose and replaced the one that runs into the fender

Has anyone successfully used one of these Duralast VC120s on an FJ62?
I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. As long as it can be secured in the bracket so it doesn't roll around.

A CC is a CC. One hose for fumes in, one hose for fumes out and an over flow.

Replying to unsubscribe

Didn't see anyone post this yet but I found it on Advance Auto's website although searching by model number does not work....

Wells Vehicle Electronics Vapor Canister VC120: Advance Auto Parts

Also use this coupon code:
QK20

it comes out to $34.99 plus shipping
Thanks for that code. I need to buy one and $20 off certainly helps. Not sure why you couldn't search by model number. Worked fine for me. I just typed "VC 120" in the search bar and it came right up.

Reactions: ppc
Thanks for that code. I need to buy one and $20 off certainly helps. Not sure why you couldn't search by model number. Worked fine for me. I just typed "VC 120" in the search bar and it came right up.

oh yeah its because i had my lx450 selected as the car....woops

'91 and'92 Owners,
After one removes the old canister and bands from the existing mount, removes the band bolts and replaces with new 2" long bolts to compensate for the increased diameter of the V120.....

How does one reconnect to the existing mounts as the increased diameter causes the band mount bolts to be at significant angles to the mount bolt holes?

I have used large zip ties as a temp fix.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom