Charcoal Canister - Great Option! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My prob's I hope it fixes, by what others have told me in another thread, is more power in elevated locations & better mpg's. No really noticable problems (ie. no CEL, MPG's are only slightly low).
:cool:
35 bucks? I'm game.

Just did this. Easy. Annoying but easy. My original canister was clogged in some way per the FSM. I have had a LOT of pressure in the gas tank but no performance issues that I know of.

Once again, thank you 80 TECH for alerting me to the solution to a problem I never knew I had!

:cheers:

I need to do this. $54 at Rockauto and $56 at Autozone. Where are y'all getting it cheaper?

I just checked mine per FSM. Checked good. I also cleaned it per FSM. Did yall's check out good, you still replaced it & still saw an improvement? I'd hate to waste $60 when, according to the FSM, mine is good. I do get bubbling in it @ higher altitude, though. No fuel smell.

Well it may seem to work ok but the carbon is saturated and inactive after all the years. If you don't want to waste the 60 bucks then you can simply cut it open and refill with active carbon from pets store. Putting it back could be tricky some used welding but lazy ass like me would just use exhaust tapes.

Is it possible to drill a hole, ass opposed to cutting it in half, drain the old charcoal then pour back in the same amount I poured out? I so where would I need to drill the hole?

I don't think that would work. Once you got all the carbon out the parts inside would get out of place and you couldn't put them back.

I just replaced mine with a vc4016 units from Autozone, it is smaller in diameter than the original but does have a swivel vent out the bottom that you can add a hose and run to the fender well. Very similar to the OEM setup. It was less than 30.00, so quite the bargain!!
@newtomelx ,
Is this CC still working for you? Thanks.

I'm about 6 months with the canister and it works great. No more gas spewing back out when fueling and no pressure release when I take my gas cap off. All good!

I'm about 6 months with the canister and it works great. No more gas spewing back out when fueling and no pressure release when I take my gas cap off. All good!
You used VC4016 from Vatozone?

@LFD2037 Part #VC120 "Duralast/Vapor Canister". It was $35.99. You want to get longer bolts for the canister clamp. I don't remember what they were exactly but they are somewhere in this thread.

I got the VC120 for almost 2 years now, I replaced it when my fuel tank leaked gas at the seam due to excessive pressure. Replaced the fuel tank with OEM plus the VC120 canister no smell of fumes whatsoever . I wonder why others try some brand and there's already a lot who testifies that it works.

Because 1 is $24 & 1 is now $54. If the 1 that's <1/2 the price & it works just as good then that's the route I want to go!

@LFD2037 I hear what you are saying. As long as there is enough documentation that the cheaper one works, then more power to you. But don't discount the fact that the VC120 is heavily documented here on the forum and you have countless experience you can rely on. That is worth something as well.

My $0.02

@LFD2037 I hear what you are saying. As long as there is enough documentation that the cheaper one works, then more power to you. But don't discount the fact that the VC120 is heavily documented here on the forum and you have countless experience you can rely on. That is worth something as well.

My $0.02
Yeah haven't followed this thread , it's only like 5 pages when I searched on this . But mine is still working and it's a 94lc .

I ordered the cheaper 1 ($24 from local AZ) & will rebuild my OEM one. That way I'm not out of service for any time & will have a back-up if time comes. I like tinkering w/crap so I'll enjoy tearing it apart & repairing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom